Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jango's 1995 Diamond Back Vertex

• Ringo's Orange P7

• mike_eb's KHS Montana

• Total voters
Ok thought and sorry guys has to be Dr S stumpy.. :LOL: :LOL: .. loyalty n all that... although nearly went for the dale ;) .. Si if ya win by 1 vote ya owe me a pint, when I start drinking again.. :LOL: :LOL:

Seems to me people are desperate to vote for something that's not mid-range. I love an old stumpy as much as the next person, but if it's mid-range where do Rockhopper and Hardrock fall? And the Cannondale, does Mavic mtb componentry fall below Shimano LX now.

As for thumbshifters, I don't think there was ever a Deore DX thumbshifter, just Deore or Deore XT, as such, the silver Deore thumbies must be mid-range, simply because they can't be top of the range - no?

Pix are mostly bloody awful, but as someone who can't take a good picture with my wife's Canon semi-pro digital SLR I'm not really in a position to criticize.

SF Klein":3zirngoi said:
mechagouki":3zirngoi said:
I'm not really in a position to criticize.

Seems that's just about all you did in your post. ;) :p

Yeah, I know, but cut me some slack - I had septum surgery yesterday, the centre of my face feels like someone took a ball-pein hammer to it and I've been breathing through my mouth for so long that you could strike a match on my tongue, I'm sitting here at 5 AM Toronto time unable to sleep and counting the minutes to my next dose of painkillers, don't I have a right to be a little grouchy? :(

mechagouki":2lpd0jwu said:
don't I have a right to be a little grouchy? :(

Yikes :shock: Yes, with that kind of a day, I hope you have some of the best Vicodin available and you can be as grouch as you want for the next few days :p

I went for the Muirwoods. I've always had a soft spot for Marins! They get a bad rap - so I hope it wins...

Sorry about the less than great picture of the P7... but it's the only photo I had. Camera no likey laptop anymore...

i have gone for andrew l's cinder cone - looks very nice. close second was AnalogKid's 1991 Raleigh Peak. very tempted by that lovely rts too!!

Dr S":13vdrzq6 said:
My standard Cannondale SM600 was not allowed in the draw but another SM600 upgraded with expensive Mavic Dakar hubs and Mavic crankset makes the cut??
Mavic hubs, yes, but that's no Mavic crankset.

I voted for "Herbert".

Ok my mind is made up:

1. Mattbrown's Kirk. Period correct, immaculately presented and e stay fan boy stantus guaranteed. This months winner for me.

2. Jango's DBR. The best 'rider' out of the bunch with out a shadow of a doubt. A very tidy build to boot.

3. Lewis1641's GT. Two little things let this little minter down for me. Firstly Mag 21 Ti forks (come on, this is middle of the range month!) and secondly it's a GT in a 'is GT cool' month, I don't want anyone getting any silly ideas that GT's are cool.

Back