• Cool

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
John":1mj3cjul said:
For this cool wall and here on in I intend to calculate the outcome as follows.

Will take an arithemtic mean using the following calculation

Result = ((Number of Cool votes x 1)+(Number of OK votes x2)+(Number of Uncool votes x 3)) / Number of votes

The result will be rounded down to 0 decimal places, where
1=cool
2=ok
3=uncool

This is instead of taking the mode as per the previous cool wall contests.

So for the current cool wall the GT would be...

((54 x 1) + (35 x 2) + (27 x 3)) / 116 = 1.76 which rounds to 2

Therefore GT would be OK

If anyone sees a flaw in this or has a convincing arguement to calculate it another way please let me know ;)

John":1mj3cjul said:
In fact perhaps it would be more valid for future cool walls to remove ok altogether and vote on whether the item was

very cool
cool
uncool
very uncool / uber lame

At least then everything wouldn't just be 'ok'. Or am I putting too much though into this :LOL:

That would work very well! Excluding "ok" would keep "ok" from becoming a problem, and all of us from looking like a drab "ok" bunch...how about:

über cool
cool
über lame

that would go with the majority of the sites sentiment that many things about retrobiking is cool, with few things being über cool, and even fewer things being über lame.

:cool:

I've got two of them, and I still don't think they are particularly cool.

Too much period hard-core goofiness to be cool. Too mass market to be cool. People I knew back in the day with GTs were usually creepy tough guy wanna-be types.

Gotta give my thumbs down on this one.

Based on votes cast and by the wonders of UK Parliamentry democracies first past the post system, GT's are cool :cool:

By the standards of true democracy and overall majorities they are not cool :roll:

By my standards which few would put any store in, GT's are not cool, possibly tepid at best ;)

10 pages on GT coolishnessness? I thought I was on the 'word association' thread...

I dont find GT's particularly cool in the same way I dont find Kona's cool, they all look the same!

Not sure what I find cool today... trek, theres a brand to argue over...

:D

legrandefromage":1v0vwupa said:
10 pages on GT coolishnessness? I thought I was on the 'word association' thread...

I dont find GT's particularly cool in the same way I dont find Kona's cool, they all look the same!

Not sure what I find cool today... trek, theres a brand to argue over...

:D

ah Trek, we need entrants for the über lame wall; it should fit nicely

:LOL:

About 15 years ago I drooled of GT Zaskars. The ball burnished ones were, and are still, very cool.
I wanted one, but did not had only the money to buy one. Kona's were cool also, so 13 years ago I bought a Kona Cinder Cone. I still have it.

John said (page one):

John":rm0qe4sc said:
SF Klein":rm0qe4sc said:
Ah...here we go. Even now, I can hear the GT fan-boys gathering their weapons preparing for battle. Should be a good one. :D

Let's hope. Kona was voted cool. How about GT.....

That means GT's, in any case, a Zaskar, must be cool :)

Other cool bikes

May I suggest the following brands for the cool wall, in random order:

- Hot Chili
- Rotwild
- Voodoo
- Corratec

Alain nice to see you joining in :)

Think that settles it then, not much more to say or see. I await someone's negative response to the above pics and how a manufacturer that produced such frames and bikes can be considered not worthy of the cool wall..........................STUNNING BIKES!!

Back