My M-Trax

marekb

Retro Newbie
My MTrax elite, bought from a guy who used to work for raleigh as a CAD designer, before he emmigrated to oz. Dont know much about the history of MTRAX, RSP or the age of it, so any information would be great. Running xt shifters and stx-rc drive gear and some el cheapo v brakes, but as I use it for commuting to work and back they'll do fine for now.

Attachments

• bike1.JPG
    bike1.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 2,370
  • bike2.JPG
    bike2.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 2,370
Always thought of them as quite dull at the time, but now I quite like it... needs some proper bars though :)

I came across an RSP brochure from about 98 the other day, I could be persuaded to scan it one of these days if you want it.

Which reminds me, I've scanned the 1992 Saracen brochure but haven't got round to sticking it up here yet...

All ideas that would help improve the ride and dont cost a fortune welcome, I'm not really a bike fiend so wouldnt really know what to go for. I like the understated look aswell, my other frame is bright orange raleigh US frame for when I'm having a bling day however it needs some serious building up, as its just a mishmash of bits just to get it rolling at the minute.

Would be interested in looking at the RSP brochure if its not too much hassle, I found a scan of the MT-200 in the gallery, interesting to know that the frame is sourced from russian ti, does that mean it's comparable with an old skool skoda then :shock:

don't sweat it, a lot of the 'more affordable' To frames are nmade from Tio mined in Russia. Ti is Ti its an ELEMENT :LOL:

Nice bike BTW, I'd definitely consider swapping the forks for a nice set of rigids but if you like the ride then leave it original.

To be fair the forks were on the bike when I bought her, and they do what I need them to do, what would the bike have come with originally? When funds allow tho I will look at maybe relegating those forks to my other frame and look into other options but as far as I see it, bikes are worse than cars and I dont think i'd know when to stop spending, I'm sure i'd get carried away with wanting to have ultralight components on it and then lose all perspective.

Back