Real Ale Wobble 2009...the Aftermath!

Good work on the facebook pic link btw! I'd have been in more of them if I'd have just waited at the top of that first climb... but I'd no doubt have chosen the short route just after that as well! ;)

daj":6ri13cjp said:
Did anyone see "Pete" a member of our party, Very Large man in T shirt and shorts (6ft + ) on what must be a 15" muddy fox rock and roll ??

Mad man, he came out with us the other week and asked why he was struggling, Errmm because your knees are round your earholes !!!! :shock:

Yup! :LOL:

jonnyboy666":34d0uu2i said:
sort of feel guilty for managing to find a room at the neuadd because of a cancelation though, i slept warm and snug both nights!! :D

I think you are underestimating how warm and cosy that muddy field was, after a few hours it was almost like you couldn't feel your feet... or hands... or pretty much any part of your body...

of course, up until that point it was freeeezing!

Maybe you should have drunk more of the dark stuff.

After a winning combination of guiness, Jacobi dark, Welsh black (or is it black sheep?) and some others I can't remember, it took me - at most - 3 seconds to fall asleep. Zero time spent lying awake worrying about stuff like maintaining core body temperature!

haha, last year I found sleeping easy. I was in my small tent which I had turned into a man sized hamster nest. Stuffed full of duvets blankets and with a decent sleeping bag at the core, the temperature was not an issue.

Biggest problem was the lack of room in the tent to get out of my clothes which led to an external strip in the rain, and a dive in through the door trying to leave as much mud and moisture behind me as possible.

This year was meant to be a little more civilised with us having acquired a huge 9 man tent between us...sadly it was a victim of the flood.

Just found this picture of me 'being surfed' down the stairs at the Neuadd. The chap surfing me is none other than Kev who we met up with this year :D This photo is from around 2000.

the_trample_surf_156.jpg

Back