East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

I will start a thread in the rides section soon-ish for the Three Tribes Ride (will think of a snappy name). You Midlanders will just have to work out a route of around two hour duration with a finishing point at the Ladybower Inn beside Derwent Res'r. Leave the rest to us. May I suggest Edale as a start point Ed??

NW and NE sections are already planning. Rough date is early May so plenty of time to plan the finer details.

Si

drystonepaul":1l63kzfx said:
rc200ti":1l63kzfx said:
Drystonepaul: Sounds a great idea, especially Dr S's suggested plan. In a similar vein John refers in the South Midlands Area thread to riding the Long Mynd. This is a targetted ride for us lot sometime in the New Year and pretty easy to reach for you NW folk. Could be worth looking at.

Indeed. keep me posted on anything around the Long Mynd. I've been meaning to go for the last 20 years! :LOL:

My problem is I'm a bit schizophrenic at the moment. Mid Wales at the weekends (well Shropshire in fact but travel west more often than east. ) and East Mids in the week.
I'm still determined to make an East Mids Wednesday night ride before Christmas, but I'm in London next week. :roll:
I'd certainly be up for getting involved in a three tribes ride, and being a tart will hook up with anyone who'll have me. ;)

I'm always up for a ride on the Mynd though. :D

Night ride next weds night? Shall we try the toughest Ticknall route now we're back to strength (? Unocogero - your back up to it?)?

i'll be up for that.

finally my light arrived this morning.
my boots tho i have a funny feeling are on there way back to the distributor, apparently royal mail tryed to deliver them but no one was in so left a card.

now i remember the day well, there was a couple of us in thehouse up and about from about 8am onwards, no one knocked on the door and they didnt leave a card.
contacted the distributor who gave me the parcel number and tracked it which gave me the above details, managed to order a redelivery on monday (the last day before it got sent back as it was a special delivery and only kept for 1 week) redelivery was supposed to be on wednesday its now friday and still no package.

gonna email the shop i bought them from tomorrow and see if they had a return address on the box and see if i can collect them.

i for 1 hope that royal mail go out of business they really take the piss these days.

rant over see you wednesday :p

:LOL: it's great to have a rant. I put a rant into writing after a colleague sent me a shirty email. I haven't sent it back to him yet but it felt good writing it :LOL:

:? hmmm. don't feel very brave doing stuff like that... do you think it would have happened by now given the use I've made of it so far?

well ive just opened mine up and all is well.

all you need is a philips screw driver and i used a bent spoke to open mine up.

thankfully i think they may have learnt from there mistakes as mine was clean as a whistle inside.

i did however fill the holes on casing up with some silicon sealer, as i read through a couple more posts about the lights not being very water proof (especially the battery).

think I'll leave the light - but yes the battery always struck me as not being watertight. May wrap it up in a plastic bag inside the case in future :D

Back