BOTM - May

steel is real!!

if i get beat by some aluminium can, im takin you all with me...

just sayin :p

Re: steel is real!!

hollister":c2ay6kre said:

you want more competition? no problem ;) strictly spoken only C'dales are aluminium cans but someone complained that no Klein is up yet and i think this one was not yet up for votes (i maybe wrong though)

96 Adroit, burgundy-blue.

cheers, Carsten

Imgp5347.jpg

Imgp5350.jpg

Re: steel is real!!

Carsten":1zn2iimb said:
hollister":1zn2iimb said:

you want more competition? no problem ;) strictly spoken only C'dales are aluminium cans but someone complained that no Klein is up yet and i think this one was not yet up for votes (i maybe wrong though)

96 Adroit, burgundy-blue.

cheers, Carsten

Imgp5347.jpg

Imgp5350.jpg
the potts i can understand.

but come on, how many lugged bonty's are out there?

3?

Yaaaawn...another vertical fade NOS Klein...been there, done that...

To me, it's all about the Ibis (mine) and the Mavic-Equipped Pace...

Kleins are easy to find in great shape because Klein were bought commonly by people who wanted a cool looking bike that they'd never ride...to show off to their friends...

Not all of them...but many...

rb

Just kidding, By the way...in case anyone's feelings got hurt by my Klein comment...even thought it's true...

"Kleins are easy to find in great shape because Klein were bought commonly by people who wanted a cool looking bike that they'd never ride...to show off to their friends..."

Before I stopped riding in '95 the only Klein I'd ever seen was used by a guy called adam. He was pretty much 'amazing', and won everything he entered - apart from the grundigs in Plymouth when he came 5th. I think therefore it's too easy to tarnish all things with the same brush really - Rich tw4t who bought most expensive bike frame avialablle to show off to fellow twa4ts in the 'City' is not the same person who bought said frame to ride. There are plenty of 'used' Klein frames on the market if you look beyond the $ (which are being realised by the immaculate NOS frames) which have been used and ridden - I really don't think (from experience with people who rode them) that this is just a retrospective Citroen DS.

RichieB":2fba9z2m said:
Just kidding, By the way...in case anyone's feelings got hurt by my Klein comment...even thought it's true...

not hurt but please pass any good condition Adroit you come across on to me ;) i haven't seen many for sale in the past years....

Carsten

I'll do that! ;)

Just stirring the pot a little! :)

We have a collection of riders around these parts who would NEVER part with their Kleins...and apparently, they'll never ride them off road either. I guess living in Washington State, near the Klein MotherShip, they're a little more common than some other vintage metal...

The LAST thing I want to do is offend or step on any toes!

Back