RETROBIKE ROAD RIDE - Would anyone be interested?

TheGreenRabbit":15y4mnhf said:
Yorkshire !!! I'll have to get visas sorted and start on the jabs, for this.
Good point.

Just an idea but was thinking of maybe having a more serious group for those of you who know your stuff and a casual ride for those wanting to experience a retrobike ride. Those in the more serious ride would be expected to be on proper road bikes, whilst the casual ride would be open to all.

Should this prove successful a full on retro road ride would be attempted in some form or another.

Old Ned would you consider leading the serious ride if I take the 'rabble'?

Does that mean I'd have to be at the front all the way?!

Depends on what you mean by serious? I'm not going around with a load of miserable bl**d*rs ;)

How far would you expect the 'serious' ones to go? It's getting to sound like an all day training bash!

Old Ned":adh6bg9x said:
Does that mean I'd have to be at the front all the way?!

Depends on what you mean by serious? I'm not going around with a load of miserable bl**d*rs ;)

How far would you expect the 'serious' ones to go? It's getting to sound like an all day training bash!

In serious, I mean those who ride road regularly and feel they'd be waiting around for blokes on hybrids etc. Distance wise probably 30 miles for the serious group and 25 for the rabble. So a decent leg stretch, does this sound ok to you?

I would really love to come too, but it is a bit far... Maybe if there is an interested group from Holland (mainland?) we could go together, like with a van orso? One car on the boat splitted by 4+ is not so much anymore...
Any interest?

Senri":z6otuiub said:
I would really love to come too, but it is a bit far... Maybe if there is an interested group from Holland (mainland?) we could go together, like with a van orso? One car on the boat splitted by 4+ is not so much anymore...
Any interest?

If you went to Hull you'd only be half hour or so away from the location we're discussing.

I reckon I could get 30+ miles out of the area without to much problem - even if it's 3 x 10 mile laps ;)

We could ride to my house for tea and cake and back again, that's 34 miles.

On second thoughts - perhaps not!

So pending a date, shall we say this is achievable Flanders? Venue sounds good, levels of interest sound good. So just need a date (no panic with this) and some bikes I guess. Might even buy myself a retro road bike just for this.

Back