Blackmount/Glen Etive - Sat24/Sun25 APRIL AFTERMAaaa.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work chap :cool: what time of year would this suit? Daylight hours, ground conditions, midges etc?

kaiser":2q732vvc said:
Nice work chap :cool: what time of year would this suit? Daylight hours, ground conditions, midges etc?

Probably best to avoid depths of winter, but Feb onwards should be enough light.

MIDGES - OH YES :shock: May - September :shock: :shock: Etive midges are notorious, second only to the Skye ones. :shock:

And BATS :LOL:

Right let me get this straight, 39 miles to Bothy, stay night, 30 odd miles back from Bothy, correct ?

The above suggests we carry luggage to and from the Bothy which you Mr P have earlier stated you do not like doing. Am I missing something ?

Interesting none the less :D

was there not an option of getting firewood and chuck deposited in the bothy for our arrival? So we could travel pretty light?

velomaniac":2xhg2fce said:
Right let me get this straight, 39 miles to Bothy, stay night, 30 odd miles back from Bothy, correct ?

The above suggests we carry luggage to and from the Bothy which you Mr P have earlier stated you do not like doing. Am I missing something ?

Interesting none the less :D

Correct.

Don't like carrying stuff but will do in a minimalist stylee if need be ;)
Sleepingbag, some food, emergency stuff, sleeping mat if I have to :D

clockworkgazz":b05h0w1s said:
was there not an option of getting firewood and chuck deposited in the bothy for our arrival? So we could travel pretty light?

Correct :D

If landowner allows, i can drive firewood or even PEAT :cool: and some essential luxuries :roll: to somewhere near the hut.

Get yr orders in early mind.....

PS - not carrying anything out - what we don't use/consume we will leave for others :cool:

zigzag":1ptvof42 said:
Nice work Mr P, I am most definitely in.

Time to start researching sleeping bags, etc...

tres bon :cool:

Get a down bag off ebay - v light - just make sure you KEEP IT DRY :!:

Or a very good synth one :LOL:

If numbers get high for this then poss camp for excess numbers outside bothy - although wouldn't think that necessary. It is quite a good size and really not hugely popular location imho.

Ooooh getting all juicy already :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back