To remove anodizing or not?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I have a functionally sound but cosmetically a little tatty Syncros post in black that I want to use on the XLM.

Without wanting to sound unduly vain, I'd keep the post black if it was cosmetically fine and match it with a black stem but I'm using a silver stem so would like a matching post (and need a 400).

So the question is, should I reimagine 'Fight Club' in my kitchen with the caustic soda and remove the anodizing (I've done this with great success on the Identiti post on the Vit T)? Or not?

Spray it black with household appliance spray. Works a treat.

Then do your stem black too ;)

If you polish it up it will look pretty cool too though. You'll lose the Syncros lettering but Im sure Gil may have decals available!

ededwards":12rxvrzz said:
Without wanting to sound unduly vain

nothing wrong with that Ed, Vanity is part of the package in this line of business isn't it. I'm happy to admit to being a right tart when it comes to bikes.

;)

Thanks guys

Kev - hadn't seen that other thread but pretty much the same argument (and agree with the others with what they say about watching your eyes, the smell and being wary of the amount of heat generated by the chemical reaction)

Jez - doh, another option to consider! The stem is in great condition though so will leave that as is.

Wu-tangled - key word here is unduly!

Looks like the solution is at hand - my name is Tyler Durden

Back