The NW&NW Area: Roll Call

ERR Sidewinder (Dave) ride not as often as I should but anywhere and (almost)everywhere,mix of old and new rides.

bikes

Hi Guys

Real name Mark Thomson
rides 1970/80's MKM full Campagnolo Record
Just finished my Eddy Merckx and not had a decent day to take a photo
My new pride and joy Bob Jackson fixed track frame ride as above.
plus some modern stuff and trying to get out for the cross season.

Hi all,

FSR-Si also known as Si, I ride a SS Steel GT, and a sh*tbox 98 Specialized fsr (the ugly one) I live just outside Manchester and mainly ride local trails due to work/family commitments. Although after the new year i am hoping to appear on a few group rides. But with another child due in March that could well be put back lol.

FSR-Si":1ve4xfwh said:
Hi all,

FSR-Si also known as Si, I ride a SS Steel GT, and a sh*tbox 98 Specialized fsr (the ugly one) I live just outside Manchester and mainly ride local trails due to work/family commitments. Although after the new year i am hoping to appear on a few group rides. But with another child due in March that could well be put back lol.

I couldn’t help but notice your location, spent my first 25 years in Atherton !

Most of my riding was A) Off down Millers lane to Lilford and the private woods, maybe crossing through Higher Folds and down the canal through Leigh to the slag heaps. B) Mad blasts up the rucks (spelling ?) coming back through Hulton Park. C) Seeing who could ride up / down the steepest bits on blue bells (the slag heaps between Atherton / Tyldesley / Over Hulton) and for the longer rides that started at home, D) Off up Rivington / White coppice etc, normally accompanied by a (summer only :LOL:) swim in the blue lagoon :)

WD :)

WD,
That's pretty much where i ride except bluebell has nearly gone due to being opened up again for mining as an opencast, leigh rucks at plank lane are about to be flattened and turned into a 650 house housing estate. I tend to ride more up westhoughton nowadays towards aspul and kirklees wood and borsdane woods. Or the other way and down millars ln and over to worsley woods, still some good riding round here but its slowly disappearing.

Sidewinder":2xosd1nb said:
Oi stick to your own thread ;) :LOL:

just dust and tumbleweed in there :roll:

Anyhow, M-Trax lived in Yorkshire last time I looked at a map. Thieving Pikeys you lot. :LOL:

FSR-Si":8o5otint said:
WD,
That's pretty much where i ride except bluebell has nearly gone due to being opened up again for mining as an opencast, leigh rucks at plank lane are about to be flattened and turned into a 650 house housing estate. I tend to ride more up westhoughton nowadays towards aspul and kirklees wood and borsdane woods. Or the other way and down millars ln and over to worsley woods, still some good riding round here but its slowly disappearing.

Yes, our factory looks out over the back of Blue bells and that has (meaning the factory :cry: ) almost gone to ... :(

Are Atherton rucks at the back of Hag Fold still OK ?

Back