Cool Wall - GT Bicycles

• Cool

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
An all yellow GT Performer with Eddy Fiola on board was pretty cool BITD but that's as far as GT will get in the cool stakes. Decent bikes that do the job, but cool?? Only if you think a Ford Fiesta is cool.

gm1230126":rdvvm186 said:
More like a pre-ford Volvo maybe but not Ford.

Either way its nothing good...

Back to GTs though. Lots of marketing gimmicks (Groove Tube, Triple Triangle, thermoplastic), and some very ordinary and flawed full suspension designs (ie STS).

I remember people buying them so they could put the parts on a good frame... Enough said really ;)

GoldenEraMTB":19sploa3 said:
So what happens if the "OK" and "uncool" votes combined outnumber the "cool" votes? Does cool still win out?

Based on a distribution, I'd say that makes it fall just outside coolness, just like a "can do better" B+ on a school report card - which sums GT for me really.

jonnyboy666":2x7qd2p4 said:
pre 98 are cool, after that not cool!

psyclone is very cool, more so i think than the ti stuff.

my 2p

so based on the fact we are talking about retro stuff not the modern crap they do then i'll vote cool

Exactly my view. BITD they were up there with Kona in my book, but it all got very silly towards the end of the century and the bikes began to look rather portly.

GoldenEraMTB":26xrs5ok said:
So what happens if the "OK" and "uncool" votes combined outnumber the "cool" votes? Does cool still win out?

I'd say for GT to be Cool it has to get >50% of total votes cast ;)

Nah OKs should either be counted as votes for or as spoiled papers. To paraphrase Yoda " Cool or cool not! There is no Ok"

gm1230126":3hr2gp5b said:
John":3hr2gp5b said:
I like GT. I've owned plenty. Would never liken them to Aston though. More like Ford I reckon.

More like a pre-ford Volvo maybe but not Ford. Good God John have you bumped your head?

That wasn't meant in a derogatory way. Know what you mean with the volvo analogy but I still think Ford is more valid..

Dr S":2hz6zuq6 said:
Yeah, really cool if you live on an estate In Essex and like happy hardcore.
Rest of the world- not cool.

:LOL:

GoldenEraMTB":2hz6zuq6 said:

Ah yes, hadn't considered completing any sort of statistical analysis on the results. The row with the most votes would win. However if anyone has a better suggestion which they can justify I'm happy to hear it. Alternatively maybe I'll try and dig some of my old stats text books out. Or not...

Back