Cooks Cranks

Jez, i also agree with you. I wouldn't use (I might like though) a set of NOS Cooks/Bullseye/Revolvers or even White Porcs on any of my bikes because i do ride them and they get will get damaged. That doesn't mean I'll accept them being super-scruffy though either.

And before a response comes, thats also not intended as a dig at anyone with a garage full of queens - full respect to anyone with a nice collection on their wall or in their garage. When i sell my business in a few years I too may start collecting some shiny things :)

the caustic soda wont remove the cooks logo, but any kind of polishing will. after you've done the caustic soda treatment rinse throughly in water. if you're short on time use warmer water, just watch yours eyes (also smells disgusting) as its nastly stuff

Phew... nobody took my comment to heart - If I'd said that on "certain" forum's I'd now be in the middle of ugly bun fight.

For the record - I love bikes, from garage queens to total beaters it's all good, and though I don't have a garage queen I'm glad others do (and I try not to be jealous of those that would fit and I would love to ride).

MadCowKev, what's wrong with keeping the cranks original??? How about showing us a picture so we can see what we're talking about. I'm not a fan of refurbishing stuff unless it's really REALLY bad.

Note - my experience of polished components is that they tarnish over time and once the pitting sets in it can be terminal - any original coating might be better than no coating. 2p :roll:

Enjoy!

messiah":25ye4tfj said:
MadCowKev, what's wrong with keeping the cranks original??? How about showing us a picture so we can see what we're talking about. I'm not a fan of refurbishing stuff unless it's really REALLY bad.

Note - my experience of polished components is that they tarnish over time and once the pitting sets in it can be terminal - any original coating might be better than no coating. 2p :roll:

Enjoy!

hmmmm - i hadn't thought of that! I'll stick some pictures up tonight for you all to see. Maybe before and after if i go ahead?

Hi people.

I've just bought an immaculate E Type Jag and I fancy doing a bit of banger racing. Any pointers please?

Might be best to laquer them after you've gave them the caustic soda treatment, to prevent them oxidizing and ultimately pitting.
Just a can of clear laquer spray paint will do the job just fine :D

Back