Giant OCR Once Team

Xesh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Does anyone know the top tube length of the medium OCR Once Team bike from (I think) 2000 or so?

This one:

Attachments

• OCR-Once-Team.jpg
    OCR-Once-Team.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 9,235
Do you want the actual sloping TT length or the straight equivalent? I've got a similar frame hanging in my shed.

if its the same geo as the TCR its a horizontal virtual of 55.5 cm.

edit : are you sure its medium? Looks like a small

pigman":1rdx387s said:
if its the same geo as the TCR its a horizontal virtual of 55.5 cm.

edit : are you sure its medium? Looks like a small

I was thinking it looked small too although they can be deceptive in a photo. Mine's a TCR and it looks very similar with the welds etc.

I dont recall my medium's top and down tubes coming together like the one in the photo. But its a couple fo months since I last used it.
The acid test is to measure it. 50cm from centre bb to top of seat collar for a medium.

This is my Medium. It looks a bit different now but you can see that the top and down tubes are separated by a length of head tube. I'm pretty sure it's basically the same frame as the ONCE model shown, just a different size.

Attachments

• GiantTCROct08.2.jpg
    GiantTCROct08.2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 9,187
The pic is just for the model year I'm asking about, it isn't the bike I'm measuring. I did have one of these a few years ago in medium and it fit me perfectly. I've since forgotten the TT size and couldn't seem to find any mention of it anywhere. Since then Giant have changed their geometry and I wasn't certain if the modern ones were the same.

55.5cm seems to ring a bell though.....

I just needed the measurement to make sure the bike I'm looking at will be comfortable for me (I use TT length to size a frame, not ST length).

BTW I originally put this in "Off Topic" as I didn't think that the bike was retro. ;)

Latest posts

Back