Cool Wall - GT Bicycles

• Cool

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As has been said GT had some cool top end models, however I think the brand as a whole is not cool.
To say that it's un-cool is harsh so I went for OK ;)

jonnyboy666":ix70l4sc said:
pre 98 are cool, after that not cool!

jamesM":ix70l4sc said:
Whats wrong with 98 and 99 stuff? The mid and high end steel bikes were made from Reynolds tubing and were very nice!!!

ok, 99 was ok, i used to sell the brand from about 95 till the introduction of the i drives.

i have owned a 96 zaskar,a 97 karakoram, a 98 zaskar, a 98? psyclone (awsome machine and as quality as any custom bike out there) a 98 lts2000ds. Idrives, lobo's and sts bikes have been my own personal shop blagged demo machines for months on end! :D

after this point the brand faltered, the dealer network started to die as caratti sport started to die, then caratti chucked them in halfords as a last ditch attempt to sell the cheaper models, then GT went bust, then when they came back after a few years out because the designs and name were bought by huffy bikes, they just re issued the same frames in new colours with current groupsets at the time so the frames were old looking at the time. at this point it was only cheapish stuff and no zaskars or anything.

when they got back on their feet the brand then started to get better as did all the others but by this time they had truly lost "it", whatever "it" was.

hence my retro = cool, modern = bad comment

for what it's worth here's a scanned pic of my psyclone, sorry about the quality of the pic, it's over 10 years old!!

my 2p? make that a 5p

:D

Attachments

• GT psyclone.jpg
    GT psyclone.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 567
I've had a few gt's in the past and currently have an rts - my dream bike. However i don't think gt as a brand are cool. Rts and lts most definately cool but i don't think they are strong enough to carry the whole range

Really GT? Do you have to ask? Definitely COOL with all capital letters.

RTS
LTS
STS
LOBO:
mentioned already and damned cool

but if were debating the company as a whole gotta bring up some of the awesome but not so classic models (around here at least)

Foremost the 96 Edge the olympic racer with the teardrop downtube and seattube: freon.

but plenty of others:

Backwoods
Palomar
Performer
Tempest
Interceptor
Aggressor
Legacy
Ricochet

I mean come on for a few years they sold some of their bikes stock with spin wheels. If that's not cool I just don't know what is.

Attachments

• gt track.jpg
    gt track.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 613
  • gt edge.jpg
    gt edge.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 613
To me cool...

since I had that picture hanging on my wall cut out of MBA since about my 2nd week of Mtbing..

the xizang is so sub zero, i would buy an aston martin just so i could put roof racks on it to puit the xizang on...

zaskar is also cool, bit more work horse, but cool

pyclone, more exclusive, more cool these days than back then...

the rest... not so cool...

but thats me

also rts/lts also cool

Back