Show us Ya Citrus Fruit! (Orange Content)

fingers":rjowhuo6 said:
My 1st P7
Mine since 1997, started as a p7 alivio with mag 21s
Now its a dream bike ;)

IMG_1174.jpg

This is currently being made-over...

Raceface cranks
XTR Mechs
possibly m230 on Pulsars.

Watch this space!

brocklanders023":zmnna7wq said:
Here's my new Clockwork cleaned up and taken back to a more original spec. :D

Looks great Ed. Real tidy... don't suppose you still have the white bars?

Long live the "show us your Citrus Fruit" thread :cool:
( I thought this had dissappeared into the wilderness!!)

Here's my latest. A Revamped 'O' is on it's way soon.

Cheers,
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• blackOnumber1.jpg
    blackOnumber1.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1,772
  • elite_4.jpg
    elite_4.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 1,772
  • elite_5.jpg
    elite_5.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 1,772
  • elite_6.jpg
    elite_6.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 1,773
I chucked the white bars in with some wheels I sold a while back mate. Was to another retrobiker but can't remember which one. :oops: Might be worth having a fish although they were quite tatty.

All hail the citrus fruit thread. We must add to it and bring those Saracen chaps to heel. ;) :D

cherrybomb":qbo09l1h said:
I'm liking the C16 a lot though. I'm rather taken by the colour...a bit different. :cool:

Me too - I thought it was a random respray by PO but I'm sure I've seen another same colour somewhere on this site. Frame was £30 from here :cool:

some more pics...... :LOL: :LOL:

DSCN2315.jpg

DSCN2317.jpg

DSCN2308.jpg

DSCN2348.jpg

Now fitted with Hope bar ends :roll:

Its not a reflector - its a wheel weight - adds momentum and therefore aids pedalling effort. Sort of like a dynamically balanced crankshaft on a motorcycle ;)

I hardly like to show you these pictures as they're such poor quality, but they're all I have of this bike and they may be of some interest in demonstrating the scope of smaller-size bikes.

I think it must be a 1997 C16R, as its serial number begins A607 - i.e, built in July 96 as Cherrybomb has explained it to me, so for autumn sale, so for 97 model range.

It's a size 15, which Orange say is designed for height range 5-3 to 5-7. I originally built it for my son when he was 9 and 4-10 and it was then in the form of the first picture with very short post and DH stem. It later went on to another 9 year old, who is now 11 hence I've just fitted the longer post and stem in the second pic (please ignore errant bar end!)

With Z2 Light fork and STX-RC/M600/XT chainset(!) and Merlin wheels, this is a 25lb bike and that's pretty light for a child's bike. They may hanker after cheap full-suss bikes like their pals, but once they're out in the countryside and they've arrived at the top of a hill miles before all the rest, both my son and the new owner were perfectly happy with a classy retro steel hard-tail. My son took a whole hour off his previous best time around Bewl Water the first time he went there with the Orange and that amounted to a much more pleasant day out for his parent as well as for him.

Attachments

• 1997 C16R size 15 for 5-2 rider.jpg
    1997 C16R size 15 for 5-2 rider.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,793
  • 1997 C16R size 15 for 4-10 rider.jpg
    1997 C16R size 15 for 4-10 rider.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,793
my re jigged p7.

was going to get it powder coated black but really liking the red at the mo.

Attachments

• 19112009 005 (Medium).jpg
    19112009 005 (Medium).jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1,770

Latest posts

Back