kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0280727298

Says 19" but that C-T, and the TT tube is 23.. Sounds/looks like an 18" to me..

!Bdy0v3wCGk~$(KGrHqEOKicEq3-Zi1bHBK6espUgZw~~_3.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Why do people photograph their frames nose-down? They look far better balanced on bb and dropouts.

I find it hard to understand how a frame of that size, with such fat tubes and a gusset could possibly weigh as little as 3.85lbs. Tubes weigh what they weigh, and having an excellent firm of welders join them up doesn't make them weigh any less. I have two 853 frames, both in smaller sizes and with much skinnier tubes and they weigh 4.25 and 4.35.

Anthony":kre4vklm said:
Why do people photograph their frames nose-down? They look far better balanced on bb and dropouts.

I find it hard to understand how a frame of that size, with such fat tubes and a gusset could possibly weigh as little as 3.85lbs. Tubes weigh what they weigh, and having an excellent firm of welders join them up doesn't make them weigh any less. I have two 853 frames, both in smaller sizes and with much skinnier tubes and they weigh 4.25 and 4.35.

My '95 17" Tangé Prestige custom drawn Moron tubed Ibis weighs in at 3.9lbs

On the other hand: My '01 Ibis Mojo (Deda tubes) weighs 4.3lbs

Most of the time the chainstays are not the same material and S-bend ones are havier... There can also be a lot of weight in the BB shell and head tube.

BITD Vertigo made steel frames that were just 3lbs...

...and I didn't mention the Reynolds 953 tube set yet.

I know of a virtually unridden 19" steel deluxe with Disc tabs and suspension corrected if anyone is interested? PM me for price

MadCowKev":25e5aqxm said:
I know of a virtually unridden 19" steel deluxe with Disc tabs and suspension corrected if anyone is interested? PM me for price

If it was an 18" I would.

nporternz":3ooxlq0c said:
any idea what year this bike would be from??

I'd say a 97/98, maybe a 99. At least going by the IFs I've owned.

I had an if more beat than this one here, and it sold on ebay for around $275 in a NR auction, so this seems like a good price.

Back