Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

I can see where you are coming from although take the 92 range for example. The competition range consisted of the e - stay bikes. If I am right I believe the bottom of the (competition) range kili racer was the only one to sport a tange frame. All the others were avr frames apart from the conquest.

Move onto the sport range - the top of range traverse and traverse elite sporting avr and all the others tange. So basically in 92 saracen avr on the higher end stuff of both sport and competition range, telling me that they (Saracen) thought avr was the more higher end. I mean there is nothing between the tufftrax and traverse frames to look at just different material.

not that any of the above really matters :LOL: :LOL:

dendy":1a2s8nzr said:
I can see where you are coming from although take the 92 range for example. The competition range consisted of the e - stay bikes. If I am right I believe the bottom of the (competition) range kili racer was the only one to sport a tange frame. All the others were avr frames apart from the conquest.

Move onto the sport range - the top of range traverse and traverse elite sporting avr and all the others tange. So basically in 92 saracen avr on the higher end stuff of both sport and competition range, telling me that they (Saracen) thought avr was the more higher end. I mean there is nothing between the tufftrax and traverse frames to look at just different material.

not that any of the above really matters :LOL: :LOL:

Its more likely the frames / tubing were available at different costs from suppliers

I think you are probably right and it was a supply issue at the time.

for the record my race elite from 1993. With i think a 92 frame has the code

C035172

I have just finished with my 1988 Tuff Trax in yellow 98% original, bars, seat post and shifters have been changed all else as when I bought it new. The drive side biopace crank wont stay tight any more and the seat tube is badly repainted after having the seized seatpost removed by Ellis Briggs. What I was wondering is it worth selling or just tip it?

sturmey":1mv16kbu said:
I have just finished with my 1988 Tuff Trax in yellow 98% original, bars, seat post and shifters have been changed all else as when I bought it new. The drive side biopace crank wont stay tight any more and the seat tube is badly repainted after having the seized seatpost removed by Ellis Briggs. What I was wondering is it worth selling or just tip it?

a picture tells a thousand words

First rule of retrobike...... Don't mention the word 'skip' unless you're taking stuff out of one!!! :roll:

I'm sure some one will have it if you want rid. Pics will show if it's worth much. ;)

4121327261_1f2ff6054a_m.jpg

Not the best but like the bike really

Back