RETROBIKE ROAD RIDE - Would anyone be interested?

I'd be interested - my wife as well but she'd need a 'modern bike exemption' or a 'retro mountain bike with baby-seat exemption'!

Prefer closer to Oxford ;), but Cheshire a nice compromise for the country - and her folks live up that way!

Potentially interested, happy to be in the low distance, low speed, top heavy group :)

Would be on my knackered but fit for purpose commuter.

Maybe a medium distance TT ? For example 30 miles , long enough for us fatties to feel rewarded for finishing and challenging enough for the speedy types after a good finishing time.

With a handicap system for newer components. e.g. 30 miles with a '58 cyclo benelux is a better time than a '78 campag super record. This is retrobike after all. :LOL:

I could be up for a Cheshire ride but if we're talking time trials why not consider the Planet X 'Old Skool' events next year. Several of them around the country through the year. I'd be happy to guide people into the entry methods etc. if you've never done it before.

I think 30 miles is to long for an initial TT - it's further than you think if you're not used to it! 10 miles would be better.

Old Ned":3l4xvtzf said:
I could be up for a Cheshire ride but if we're talking time trials why not consider the Planet X 'Old Skool' events next year. Several of them around the country through the year. I'd be happy to guide people into the entry methods etc. if you've never done it before.

I think 30 miles is to long for an initial TT - it's further than you think if you're not used to it! 10 miles would be better.
That sounds idea Old Ned, glad you've shown an interest in this. Was kind of hoping you would ;)

Still think a more of a casual approach might be better. i.e. we meet up have a laugh, admire bikes and have a nice sociable ride with regular stops. aka Peaks style but on the road.

Back