Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Oh man, what have I created?

This is truly inspiring stuff, people, keep it coming! Still looking for that Gold Kili with the first series XTR and Ritchey WCS finishing kit, though!

Sadly not, but thanks! Must have been the next year, as it wasn't an e-stay. I wish I could really remember what it was better, but I only ever saw one, back when I first started working in a bike shop. It was a long time ago!

It was the first year they did that lovely rigid fork of theirs, and the spec was impeccable.

Carlos the Slackal":1tjk0xbg said:
Sadly not, but thanks! Must have been the next year, as it wasn't an e-stay. I wish I could really remember what it was better, but I only ever saw one, back when I first started working in a bike shop. It was a long time ago!

It was the first year they did that lovely rigid fork of theirs, and the spec was impeccable.

Was it a '93 then? You must have seen the '93 catalogue http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... +catalogue

onza100":370kzl33 said:
I'd love that xtr one. I keep getting tempted to upgrade bits on mine!

Me too. For me the Tange frames are perfect for mid range lx/dx. However if I do get my mits on one of the true temper avr(think thats what it was) frames like the kili xtr and my old traverse, I will certainly look to lavish with XT/ XTR

Am I right in thinking my old traverse 92 frame and the other avr frames are considerably lighter than the tange?

legrandefromage":2c1sk7ae said:
the lowly Diamond Back Topanga came with True Temper AVR

You certainly have a point in general.

I just wandered if there was a big difference between the tange and avr frames. In Saracen terms they used the avr on the higher end 92 range and the tange on lower end. I mean if both materials were as good why make identical frames out of different materials. Unless it was a case of supply..

Use of different frame materials could just be to give differenciation between Sport and Competition ranges.

It does not necessarily mean one is better than the other as a material.

Also consider that they would play with the number of tubes that were constructed from a particular material.

For example, lower range frames may only have 'XXX main tube' or 'main tubes' or 'frame tubes'

You see where I am comming from?

BTW Protrax SE 97 frame No is A708000002

Cheers,

Chaser.

Latest posts

Back