Three Tribes Meet- Spring 2010?

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Would any of you NW types be interested in a joint NE and NW meet in the spring? We ran a ride over Cut Gate and around Ladybower in April and we quite fancy a return. Might even make a weekend of it as i would like to spend saturday night around my old haunts of South Manchester and maybe do a bit of an urban backways ride around the Mersey river area on the Sunday morning.
I know its early but we are trying to work out our calendar for next year and will need to keep a slot free.
I'm sure a few of you will have done the Gates and will vouch for its quality riding- I know Mark enjoyed it and would be up for a re-run.

let me know what you think.

Si

Sounds like an excellent idea Si. That area would also be close enough for the East Midlanders to get involved too. A three tribes meet even...?

One of the best rides of last year. Would definitely be interested in this. Good thinking Si.

Hmmm - I love a concept! Three starting points, three groups - meet in the middle for lunch. Then a shared loop before returning to the three start points - awesome idea!

Why don't we make it a Deputy's Day and give the Deputies the task of logistics and promotion??

Neil

mrkawasaki":3tcp5lvj said:
Hmmm - I love a concept! Three starting points, three groups - meet in the middle for lunch. Then a shared loop before returning to the three start points - awesome idea!

Why don't we make it a Deputy's Day and give the Deputies the task of logistics and promotion??

Neil

Ooooo clever, the Doctor like it!

Thinking out loud here but how about NE guys come in from the North East over Cut Gate, NW guys over Doctors Gate and the Mids Mob over the top from Edale/ Jaggers Clough, meet at Ladybower Inn for lunch and do a loop up Whinstone Ridge around Slippery stones and back around Hagg Farm before heading back to our starting points??

This could be a belter to get the summer off to a cracking start and show the proles that there is some quality rides ahead. :cool:

Si, excited!

We could exchange area pennants in the field as it were and/or trade or kidnap riders... ;-)

Mr K - equally excited!

mrkawasaki":2sie2m5o said:
We could exchange area pennants in the field as it were and/or trade or kidnap riders... ;-)

Mr K - equally excited!

I like the idea of swapping/stealing bikes too...

We had a Two tribes meet in Thrunton woods back in June (fateful day where I broke my wrist) and the clansmen arrived in comedy 'See-you-Jimmy' wigs and kilts bearing pennants and Tunnocks Tea Cakes. We were embarrasingly empty handed but offered them Sithlord, to which they declined :LOL:

Going to have a look at the map tonight and see if this idea is a goer. Keep the ideas flowing brothers! ;)

Si

Suggested to Si earlier that this might be a good opportunity for a 'Northern England National' event. Where all the surrounding areas join in the organisation to produce one event. Maybe the south would follow our lead.

Any thoughts on this gents?

Sounds good and if it works maybe the softy southerers will follow our lead.

Shall we pencil in a rough date and start making some plans then?? If you NW types want to start route planning, I'll make a start on our section. Give the Mids guys a nudge and we can work from here. When we have a rough draft we can pop it onto the Rides section as is the norm and open up the debate.
lets make this happen!

Si

Back