FAT Chance wicked Finished pics on 1

Kaiser,

1st time I spot it finished. Very nice! Not period correct, but an imo absolutely well excuted stylish ride. A bike I would absolutely like to own.

Tip: I think you have to stick a thin needle in the Ourys ends, so the air can go out.

Elev12k":1v5gd7hp said:
Kaiser,

1st time I spot it finished. Very nice! Not period correct, but an imo absolutely well excuted stylish ride. A bike I would absolutely like to own.

Tip: I think you have to stick a thin needle in the Ourys ends, so the air can go out.

Cheers Melvin, I'm hankering to return my bikes to period correct-ish but I reckon this one may stay as is. I had a tough ride one day and natrually blamed the bike :oops: :LOL: might give it a few more chances though :LOL:

Alas its too late for the ourys already cut the end :(

just stopped by to look at it again...there's a bunch to like about it :D

do you have a year for that 600 RD? I might have to pick up one of those...soon.

do you plan to take the old girl out for another mud experience this year? This bike is pretty impressive and this is the first thread I've read from start to finish in a long time- "heroin" Dr S cheeky monkey!!!

Kaiser,

Nicely balanced build...but those awful forks!

You've got a good eye for the aesthetic, very cool ride.

I must admit, the cycling community is an opinionated group :D

A few answers to some of the comments generated in this thread...

- the front end will feel a bit heavy not due to the material used, but due to the resultant geometry. The forks you have on the bike are about 10mm too long for the year of the frame, which, when combined with the offset, ultimately slackens the headtube by about .5 degree and extends the wheelbase a skoosh. This will not dramatically affect the steering/handling of the bike (tire pressure actually will make more of a palpable difference) but does factor into the perceived ease of lifting the front wheel.

- The fork was designed for performance over aesthetics. I wanted a front end that allowed for mindless tracking (the box crown) with the ability of the legs to absorb the trail irregularities over the entire length rather than a focused portion close to the dropouts that is often achieved with a raked design. This allows for a product that will distribute stress more evenly, lending to greater fatigue life, and reduces overall torsional affect on handling. The rougher the terrain and the harder you push it, the better it gets.

- All Groovy products come with a lifetime warranty for craftsmanship. That being said, all material has a terminal life span. If you run it into a wall as suggested, you will likely break the frame before you will the forks. I've not yet left anyone hanging, whether the original owner or not, at fault or not, in the end it's about both of us leaving with a smile.

- I agree with a couple other posters...lose the Groovy decals, they distract from the clean lines of the build.

Overall, a nicely done rider. I hope you enjoy it. Next time post some dirty pics of her ;)

rody

GoldenEraMTB":37hoults said:
just stopped by to look at it again...there's a bunch to like about it :D

do you have a year for that 600 RD? I might have to pick up one of those...soon.

I shall find out :) tis rather cool

clockworkgazz":36jdfiem said:
do you plan to take the old girl out for another mud experience this year? This bike is pretty impressive and this is the first thread I've read from start to finish in a long time- "heroin" Dr S cheeky monkey!!!

Probably not :oops: whilst its a rider I'm going to try to keep it good a wee bit longer :) still have a couple of niggles to bottom out too.

rody":kc4rp5fo said:
Kaiser,

- the front end will feel a bit heavy not due to the material used, but due to the resultant geometry. The forks you have on the bike are about 10mm too long for the year of the frame, which, when combined with the offset, ultimately slackens the headtube by about .5 degree and extends the wheelbase a skoosh. This will not dramatically affect the steering/handling of the bike (tire pressure actually will make more of a palpable difference) but does factor into the perceived ease of lifting the front wheel.

- The fork was designed for performance over aesthetics. I wanted a front end that allowed for mindless tracking (the box crown) with the ability of the legs to absorb the trail irregularities over the entire length rather than a focused portion close to the dropouts that is often achieved with a raked design. This allows for a product that will distribute stress more evenly, lending to greater fatigue life, and reduces overall torsional affect on handling. The rougher the terrain and the harder you push it, the better it gets.

- All Groovy products come with a lifetime warranty for craftsmanship. That being said, all material has a terminal life span. If you run it into a wall as suggested, you will likely break the frame before you will the forks. I've not yet left anyone hanging, whether the original owner or not, at fault or not, in the end it's about both of us leaving with a smile.

- I agree with a couple other posters...lose the Groovy decals, they distract from the clean lines of the build.

Overall, a nicely done rider. I hope you enjoy it. Next time post some dirty pics of her ;)

rody

:D thanks :cool: some great info. A more thorough testing is on the cards and a trail the we've been frequenting more often is made for the bike.

Dirty pics to follow soon :)

kaiser":2ms9773y said:
rody":2ms9773y said:
Kaiser,

rody

:D thanks :cool: some great info. A more thorough testing is on the cards and a trail the we've been frequenting more often is made for the bike.

Dirty pics to follow soon :)

cool :cool:

hey, where are the dirty pics???

Back