BOTM - May

Man... of course you have mutiple 'correct' stem/bar combos for that bike...who doesn't? ;)

I'd like to see it, but I almost shudder at someone taking the wrench to it..its too pretty.

Ibis Mt Trials - Circa 1988

I figured I'd add a before and after pic...and point out that this bike is a rider...

RM-20 rims (24 and 26 inch)
mavic shifters and rear derailleur
Mountain Tamer Quad chainring for 17/28 low hill climb gear with 15.5 inch chainstays.
Scott Pedersen SE u-brakes ft and rear with MB-Zip brake levers.

The best 1988 had to offer a US trials rider!

Oh, and did I mention the Interloc Racing Designs Remote Seat QR?

Attachments

• ibisside1.jpg
    ibisside1.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 1,976
  • ibisft21.jpg
    ibisft21.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,976
  • ibisbb1.jpg
    ibisbb1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,976
  • 78337534_27ea7bd896.jpg
    78337534_27ea7bd896.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,975
Here is go, although I have seen the Yeti and the Ibis to be very strong competitors. This is a '99 Yo! (retro enough?) with a mix of high-end components. Hubs and headset is King, rims Mavic X517 ceramics, Thomson post, SLR seat, Extralite stem, Easton EC90 bars, Gripshift, XTR front mech, DA rear + cassette, Middleburn cranks and Action tec BB. Did I forget anything? TA rings, Action tec ringleader, Speedplay Frogs, Avid Ultimate setup and Sid SL. Weighs a mere 9,24 kg with heavy tubes (that's 20.4 lbs). It's fast, very fast! ;)

image_bike2.jpg

[

yes, the drop bar look takes a while to get used to. those who have ridden them properly set up (i.e. at the right height which only really works with the LD stems) like them though. if you promise me to vote for it i will mount the matching standard stem and WTB Ti bar and snap a photo ;)

Carsten[/quote]

I have some drop bars and they work fine: very comfy and not so bad for downhillig. I'm thinking of mouting them on my Yeti, even if not period correct (it's a 95 Kokopelli) to get a CX rig...

A couple more...

Figured I'd add a couple more detail shots...

Attachments

• ibisft1.jpg
    ibisft1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,938
  • ibisbb21.jpg
    ibisbb21.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,938
  • ibisqr1.jpg
    ibisqr1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,938
  • qr2.jpg
    qr2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,938
novekili":1ifajiqv said:
AAAHHHH :eek:. I thought I would have voted the potts until I saw this. Where did you find it? you sure it's a bonty? I've seen any type of bonty but a touring bike...
early example of mr. B's work, he started with touring and cross bikes. notice the early decals and faux lug at the bb shell
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t ... bontragers

Attachments

• Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,911
  • Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,911
messiah":ygog5w2j said:
**** me!

What a monster month...

agreed a not a Klein in sight! Has there ever been a BOTM comp without one Klein entry before?

Back