Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

enigma.jpg

some pics of my killi racer at haldon. This one is a rider hence the modern tyres i'd really like some amber walls for it though

DSCF2212.jpg

DSC05969.jpg

DSC05977.jpg

DSC05978.jpg

DSC05985.jpg

Nice :) ..... ridden hard ! , no more riding for me , dislodged me collar bone :( lol .

I used to ride with andy ruffles (BMX World champion back in the days ) , helped build the local bmx track with him , snaped 2 burners on that track , they were supposed to be indistructable lol .

My MT lasted ok tho :) .

Have a good one :)

That is a nice kili racer. looks in beautiful condition.

Found out today that my brothers 92 kili is no more. Mom had given it away 2 years ago without saying anything :x :cry: So my quest took me to gumtree where I found what said Saracen race elite for 60 quid. I looked at the pics and saw what I thought was deffo a red 92 kili racer so went to investigate.

I arrived to find a bike nearly identical to what I thought it was but true enough "race elite" was and is the name. The lad reckoned he got it in 93 0r 94, brand new and it was all still original bar the tyres.

Basically the wheels are black wolber rims on black lx m560 hubs, ritchey headset. the rest is altus A20. Did a bit of research and found the hubs to be first manufactured in 93 and the altus a20 group set about the same time? Problem is I really don't remember a model called the race elite from 93 onwards, especially with a frame the same as a 92 kili.

I will post up the pics in the day :D

The 1993 Race Elite was basically a rebadged 1992 Kili Racer frameset with a somewhat random assemblage of components.
Saracen occasionally appeared to have done this with left-over frames from previous model years.
The 93 Race Elite was available from Saracen dealers with varying specs based on whatever Saracen seem to have had available in their Warwick factory.
It was almost a case of no two bikes the same.

I've seen a Kili Racer with an odd mixture of relatively high end DX hubs and brakes and a low end Altus drivetrain. Zoom bars, stems and seatpins seem to have been popular as opposed to the 92 specced Ritchey kit.
Great riding frame though and well worth upgrading from Altus.

Cheers for that. Along with what turned out to be my factory upgraded 92 Traverse I am beginning to understand a little better how they (Saracen) did things.

I will certainly be looking to upgrade the altus stuff - It weighs a tonne and looks cheap. The frame is quite decent tho. The first problem i have to deal with is a mightily stuck seat post. :LOL: :roll:

As promised, some pics of the dear little Race Elite.

I just cannot seem to budge the bloody seat post!

forumsaracen.jpg

forum1saracen.jpg

forum2saracen.jpg

saracen3forum.jpg

Saracen

Here is my 87 Saracen Trekker given to me by a friend about 5 years ago it was totally original 18 speed itm bars, front and rear u brakes, rear mech hanger and the Farmer Johns tyres.

I am slowly getting it back to a rideable state though the back wheel maybe a bit terminal.

Attachments

• rsz_rsz_dsc_0024.jpg
    rsz_rsz_dsc_0024.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,271
Back