Various queries

lastpubrunner

Retro Guru
I'd like to test your patience yet again, I have an old 1950s frame that I'd like to have re-painted; a previous owner has sawn off the brake 'eyelet' on the chain stay, in fact there aren't any eyelets or cable supports anywhere on the bike. Is it possible to buy these so that I could get a friend to weld them on ? Or are there 'bolt-on' alternatives ?

My friend is an excellent welder, do you think it would be an idea to get him to weld on a rear derailleur mounting point or would a bolt-on one be as good ?

I want to get all frame alterations done before it is painted.

I've been in touch with a couple of local firms re. powder coating. On firm told me that they don't bother priming the frames - they just 'blast them clean' and do one coat. They said that putting on a primer would double the cost - but surely a primer is a necessity ?

Thank you

I'd get in touch with a frame builder regarding the cable stops. They must be easy to get hold of from the right source.

An expert will be along soon about the Rear Derailleur....

And I'd suggest a recommendation for a frame powder-coater from here (someone like Bob Jackson), again an expert will be along soon.

Latest posts

Back