Best MTB Mag Ads

Rich

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
There were some great ads thoughout the late 80s and early 90s, here was one of my favourites, one from 1991, the Saracen ad with the head hunter, the look on the MTBers face is classic...show us your favourites!

Rich

Attachments

• Saracen Ad.JPG
    Saracen Ad.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 2,528
do you remember the Muddy Fox tv advert where a bike rode out of the tv and jumped over a bald alien watching it from the sofa? Was only aired about two times and very late at night during Night Network back in about 1988?

:)

...and the Klein ad with the bike on a bike rack on top of a Porsche 911 but upside down and banging on about getting your priorities right.

There was a good one around '93-'94 for (I think) Stiff Cycles. Big picture of John Major with "We don't sell lemons" underneath. Always chuckle when I see that...

Did any body ever ride a Saracen through the peruvian jungle :shock: I think not :?:

Wu-Tangled":8mq3bixp said:
...and the Klein ad with the bike on a bike rack on top of a Porsche 911 but upside down and banging on about getting your priorities right.

kleinkatalog_1986_haupt_grossbild.jpg

Dam Trek :twisted: they killed a great bike company. Death to Trek and Gary Klein for selling up you W**ker :evil:

best ad? greg herbold on the old 1990 MBA ad (shoei helmets) jumping off prada damn near chico. crossed up, 4ft off the floor down a 40deg slope :shock: remeber this is in 1990... now that was a cool ad :cool:

seem to remeber kelly lee (troys brother) also did the same drop on a fully rigid litespeed ti :D

Product.jpg

Also, anyone remember the macaw ads with the row of girls in bikins? Classic. I'm certain I've seen this discussed somewhere else. :D

Back