Concorde prelude with 1st generation Campag Chorus

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
dutch022.jpg

More pictures here http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... mview=grid

I have this absolutely beautiful Concorde Prelude for sale. It is 59cm ct s/tube and 57cm cc t/tube made from Columbus SL tubing. The paintwork is excellent with just a few chips, which can be seen in the photobucket link. The bike has had one careful owner since new and has been very well looked after, I have not seen a second hand, used bike from this era in such good condition ever! That said though it is used so is not pristine. I really want this to go to a good home and not to be split for parts.

The components are 1st Generation Campag Chorus with friction levers, which include the very desirable Mono Planar brakes. The group again is in very good condition although does show signs of use with minor rub marks and scratching. It's all fully functional and still looks great. The seatpost is Campag but I thing it is Centuar MTB, it has a Flite titanium saddle bolted on top of it

Non Campag parts are Suntour Superbe Pro hubs on Wolber TX Profile rims, a Stonglight Delta (needle bearings) headset and a pair of Look PP136 pedals. It is running a sachs 6 speed freewheel although this could easily be swapped for an 8 speed to bring it into this century.

The Michelin Dynamic 23c tyres are fairly new and don't have much wear and the KMC chain is also fairly new.

I'm asking £400 posted and will be putting it on Ebay if I have no joy here for £450 or make an offer.

probably the best that Holland have to offer

Interesting statement. Couple days ago I had a frame of another make in my hands I thought the same of.

The Concorde would match well with this tray of delights btw ;) >>

3048244654_2472e5745e_b.jpg

John":1tfchdvt said:
Is the reserve 450?

No it's £350. I originally listed it for £430 + £20 postage i.e £450 with a make an offer option but I only had very few watchers. I decided to relist worldwide and have it as an auction but wasn't brave enough to not have a reserve... ;) I really would like it to go to a good home.

Elev12k thats the stubbiest seatpost I've ever seen! :D I keep finding myself looking at things that would be good on the Concorde but have to remind myself that its going. Regarding the best Holland has to offer it's just something I've read on the net a few times and it seemed good sales patter. They are very fine quality though there is no doubt about that.

Tel":3d5ctq3y said:
Elev12k thats the stubbiest seatpost I've ever seen! :D

It belonged to a PDM/Concorde time trial bike. Apparently they didn't need more length and in an attempt to safe weight they cut it.

Regarding the best Holland has to offer it's just something I've read on the net a few times and it seemed good sales patter.

For some kind of reason this makes me think in the scene in Friends were Ross had just heard his monkey died and gets told "Do you believe everything what the ZOO tells you?" Do you believe everything what the web tells you?

Without any doubt it is great bike, but I do not consider them Dutch in the 1st place. Nowadays outsourcing is a common practice, but back than major brands like Gazelle and Batavus had an own in house small custom department and the masterbuilders at Zieleman, Presto, Reus, RIH and so on were also 100% Holland based and put out bikes that could easily be recognized as Dutch.

Where does Concorde fit? In a kind of semi-Dutch/International league, so the same also so Koga-Miyata fits in. Personally in direct comperison, I do think the Miyata is the benchmark for off the mill frames and the Concorde can try to keep up and do that quite well to some extend.

Latest posts

Back