Raleigh Dyna-Tech 600

Retroboy

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
My Raleigh Dyna-Tech 600 during a 10 mile TT a while back. I don't have any static pictures of it at the moment but once I've taken some I'll post them up.

Completely standard except for the Scott Tri-bars, fancy bar tape, original Look Carbon pedals (anyone know the model?) and Campagnolo aero water bottle & cage.

Other retro in the picture is a Specialized Air Force 1 helmet and Adiddas Eddy Merckx Challenge shoes from 1989 and a BCF jersey that I got from Roger Hammond when we shared a house at university.

Those were the days!

CRW_1840.jpg

CRW_1846.jpg

I had one of them hats :)

Lovely example of a dyna tech, I really would like one of them...

I've spent today cleaning this and swapping bits over to get it more or less back to standard spec but it could still do with a pair of skinwall tyres & a Turbo saddle to get it just right. I can't get over the fact I bought it almost 20 years ago; a couple of hours with some muck-off and a bit of degreaser and it looks like new.

Dyna-Tech 2060 frame (equivalent to Reynolds 653 except bonded as opposed to brazed) and full Shimano 105SC (1055) 7-speed groupset in pearlescent grey from 1990. The close ratio cassette and 42 x 21 bottom gear makes some of the climbs not too far from here in the Chilterns "interesting" shall we say!

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

I've got a pair of 20c skinwall IRC Paperlites you can have for £10 posted. They are a bit too light for round here with cattle grids.

They are the older versions with the leaf style tread pattern, not the modern ones which are much cheapened I hear.

Thats a lovely bike Retroboy. I found this site and thread due to looking for info on my bike. I am about to ressurect it in two weeks time when I move house and get a few miles in to try an get a bit fitter!

Can't find much on my bike at all but I remember the brochure vagually and yours was definetly in there Retroboy. I took up racing when I was 14 but it only lasted until the end of college. I think I saved up for about 2 years or something to get it but has been sat in my parents house for the last 10-15 years always kept indoors or under a protective sheet in the garage. They are pleased that I am finally taking it with me I left home 13 years ago!! I had it out a few summers back at a BBQ there but this time I am going to use properly this summer.

I can't quite remember but guess it was xmas 1990 or 1991 I got it. Its a DynaTech 701 (Silver\Black with Pink\Purple speckled pattern all over). I think it has the 2070 tubing label but not quite sure. It also had 3TTT bars and a weird striped patterned leather saddle but not sure what else is different. It had a Campagnola group set but not sure which and Mavic wheels. I had to replace the rear derailleur when it broke with a Shimano 105 but everythign else is original. I will get new tyres though as its still on the orig Michelin Hi Lite Super Comps it came with!

Does anyone else have any further info on it? I have found references to the 600s 700s and 800s on the net but 701 turns up nothing. There was one more thing I remember is that the part of the frame below the seat pin is a single piece and only splits just above the rear wheel where the rear brake is attached. If anyone has any more info that would be great.

If anyone is interested in a few weeks when it is up and running again I will post a few pics.

That's nice

MyDyna-Tech is starting to suffer a bit from being a 'daily-rider' (well, I run to work one day, & ride the next -alternatively, no matter what the weather - even this years snow & ice)

Attachments

• Cycling. 2008. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. 3.JPG
    Cycling. 2008. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. 3.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 6,789
Back