Real Ale Wobble 2009...the Aftermath!

a couple more and a farsebook link for the rest!! :D

mailto:?body=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Falbum.php%3Faid%3D170356%26id%3D612249761%26l%3D4592df35b0&subject=The Real Ale Wobble!!

the link is being a sod!!!! :x

right had enough now, been trying for an hour!!! tried copying the link but for some unknown reason it won't work and i'm not doing anything different from what i have done previousley!! blinking computers!!!! :x :x

Attachments

• washing bikes welsh style!.jpg
    washing bikes welsh style!.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 3,385
  • we got a little damp!.jpg
    we got a little damp!.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 3,385
Quite weary now... a few memorable moments:

* don't *EVER* get Johnnyboy666 to tell you his John Lewis story.

* don't *EVER EVER* get Johnnyboy666 to tell you his John Lewis story..

* don't *EVER EVER EVER* get Johnnyboy666 to tell you his John Lewis story...

* don't *EVER EVER EVER EVER* get Johnnyboy666 to tell you his John Lewis story....

* Geoff's chip
* the 'heinous anus'
* streams for paths
* Grannygrinder *very* drunk on Friday night, but still making it to the ride in the morning
* Ed(edwards) stopping by for lunch on Sunday
* the gurning guitarist
* the interminable pre-ride talk as we froze to death
* hearing about Jerky's story :shock:

Plenty more just a bit too tired to put them down just now.

Sorry we missed you erylp - hope you had a good ride nonetheless.

don't think they've been doing the mountain biking part that long. Too soon after the Real Ale Wobble for a realistic weekend passport unfortunately... also probably colder and wetter :shock: (I know what you're going to say - how is this possible?!)

also probably colder and wetter (I know what you're going to say - how is this possible?!)

Hmmmm quite!! :LOL:

Have to admit the general topic of conversation over the weekend was shame they didnt do a "Summer" wobble too? :D

Is that what the Red Kite event is? Have you attended that before?

Gutted for those who didn't make it... but the rest of us enjoyed it for you! Well I'm not convinced Mike enjoyed anything after Fri night, but anyway :LOL:

Gears are for wuss... well riding up hills actually.

yeah glad to see everyone else enjoyed it :(

in the pub in Brecon on friday night we were discussing the possabilities of contiuing with the weekend, after all, we had 1 tent pitched, could squeeze 3 in, then 2 other sleeping in my car. The killer was the lack of dry clothes for the 3 in the focus. That and having to spend the morning hunting for the whereabouts of the ditched car & trailer, so we missed the start by a good few hours.

Also on our way to Wales, going over the Bridge, the wind managed to get into a crack on my nearside wing mirror cover, which had been there as long as I had owned the car. The cover was ripped off.

To top it all off I got randomly assaulted whilst out in Brecon by a drunk welsh chap who came up behind me whilst I was using a cash machine and pushed me into the wall. Whilst holding him at arms length he was going on about me having done something with his girlfriend the week before. Tried explaining that I had only just arrived in the town and the last time I had visited I was 4 years old. He wasn't having any of it so. His mates came and appologised put him in a headlock and carried him off. Thankfully he was fairly small and lightly built...i'm not much of a fighter.

Honestly, I have never been one for superstitions but friday the 13th is going to be spent under the duvet from now on.

:shock: Nightmare.

At least 13th Nov is a Saturday next year, so you can still come to the wobble!

Bloody hell Rob... Sounds like you have had a nightmare weekend :shock:

Hope it hasnt put you off for next year though :D

Back