East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

:LOL:

It's for the mrs , I'm hoping with gears she wont get off and push .

I will probably change the cranks and use a single 36t with a road 8speed , maybe 12-21 with an oldish rear mech . But as it wont be used for a while ; although it is the same size as my cinder so I might go for a pootle every so often , I'm happy to bask in its originalness for a while longer .

My mrs ventured out on her Fire Mountain a few days ago. I reckon she's a natural single-speeder as she completely ignored the rear block and made do with changing between the middle and large rings (incomprehensible :roll: ). Only complaint was the saddle, which is already female-specific but clearly not as comfy as the monster-thing attached to her Raleigh Pioneer.

Just noticed the saddle on your Kona - clearly not for you :D

Hello chaps.
I don't normally post over here, but DrS has come up with a bit of a potential concept ride in the spring that would involve a few areas.

'The Three Tribes' ride would involve 3 area groups starting from 3 different locations to meet up do a shared loop and have a group lunch. Then ride off back to our start points.
More details here

Please have a look and put your 2pworth in.

The NW&NW Area sub-forum is also up and running and has an event calender which is coming together nicely. As many of you are 'just next door' then you may wish, and are of course very welcome to join in.

Similarly if you are planning any rides which may be feasible for NW&NWA members then please post up a thread or contact Sinnett177 or myself.

Cheers

Afternoon Drystonepaul and greetings from the East Midlands. We don't have an official leader at the moment (Ed! ;) ) but we have ventured into the Peaks in the past and in principle I think there would be strong interest in you plan.

I don't like the idea of any route having to go 'over' the top of anything but I'm sure we can dig deep and prepare our climbing legs ;)

I'm sure there will be lots of chat about it on here over the next few days...were in a bit of a group ride ride lull at the moment so not so much chatter!

sounds good - tbh there's been an explosion of area group activity and I'm quite confused what we're supposed to do... I offered to be area co-ordinator as no-one else did, however can't devote a huge amount of time to it. We're a small group, of only 5 or 6 regulars - though we will try to expand, but as I mentioned I can't spend a lot of time on this.

Dead right Ed, times the issue. I think we are best described as a 'collective' ;)

And you're right, we are not really big enough to have an organised structure.

I think things are working out pretty well as they are.

Night ride next wednesday? I went out last night round my local loop just as the sun was setting, got a puncture in the middle of nowhere, it went dark and than a dog walker creeped up on me, scared me sh**less and then whne I rode off after chatting to him he pretended to be an axe murderer and chased after me (I assumed he was joking). Weird...I need company!

There's quite a few of us , were just lazy :LOL:

were not exactly graced with a epic landscape either .

If we set something in motion for aprilish like last year at the pines but maybe this time an all day xc ride if we could route something out more people will appear .

Am I the only one confused where all this area stuff is now ?

Drystonepaul: Sounds a great idea, especially Dr S's suggested plan. In a similar vein John refers in the South Midlands Area thread to riding the Long Mynd. This is a targetted ride for us lot sometime in the New Year and pretty easy to reach for you NW folk. Could be worth looking at.

rc200ti":1py174ba said:
Drystonepaul: Sounds a great idea, especially Dr S's suggested plan. In a similar vein John refers in the South Midlands Area thread to riding the Long Mynd. This is a targetted ride for us lot sometime in the New Year and pretty easy to reach for you NW folk. Could be worth looking at.

Indeed. keep me posted on anything around the Long Mynd. I've been meaning to go for the last 20 years! :LOL:

Back