BOTM - May

Another top month a coming... bling tastic!!

We are gonna need a handicap system at this rate!! That Bliue Mani is lovely. And Slims Yeti. And Carstens Potts........ :?

The Potts is pretty... but I cant get on board with the dirt drops. It reminds of the times when mountain bikes were still trying to find their identies. It seems some went the way of overbuilt BMXs (Yeti) and others went the way of beefier cross/road setups. I'm probably going to incur the wrath of the purists, but it just doesn't look like that bike was designed to take any serious offroad abuse. I appreciate from where it came (hence my entry, a 1986 FC), but I just dont see why they tried that setup when the flat bars worked fine.

Again, this is only MHO, but to me they just look goofy :)

I know...its not FULLY BUILT...but

the black Pauls mech is arriving next week from Williwoods, and the black Grafton cantis, black levers and black grafton xtr mounts are coming from Webby are due Friday then it WILL be finished...

Can I submit it pending final pics? I honestly say it will be ready to rock next week when the poll is launched... :oops:

Attachments

• trimble2.jpg
    trimble2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 2,141
AAAHHHH :eek:. I thought I would have voted the potts until I saw this. Where did you find it? you sure it's a bonty? I've seen any type of bonty but a touring bike...

ameybrook":15ke60xl said:
The Potts is pretty... but I cant get on board with the dirt drops. It reminds of the times when mountain bikes were still trying to find their identies. It seems some went the way of overbuilt BMXs (Yeti) and others went the way of beefier cross/road setups. I'm probably going to incur the wrath of the purists, but it just doesn't look like that bike was designed to take any serious offroad abuse. I appreciate from where it came (hence my entry, a 1986 FC), but I just dont see why they tried that setup when the flat bars worked fine.

Again, this is only MHO, but to me they just look goofy :)

yes, the drop bar look takes a while to get used to. those who have ridden them properly set up (i.e. at the right height which only really works with the LD stems) like them though. if you promise me to vote for it i will mount the matching standard stem and WTB Ti bar and snap a photo ;)

Carsten

Attachments

• standard potts stem wtb ti bar.jpg
    standard potts stem wtb ti bar.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,049
Back