New toy (Breezer)

What was the Thomson Patent?

Also, on those forks, isn't the axle able to move relative to the brakes on rim? Or am I seeing it wrong? :?

Lovely bike btw.

Also, on those forks, isn't the axle able to move relative to the brakes on rim?

No, if you look the brakes and the axle are on the same piece of metal, meaning their relationship is fixed. The fork pivots on the two pairs of pivot points by the axle, moving (relatively) linearly up and down with the aid of the shock unit on top of the front 'pair' of forks. A fair bit of stiction from the numerous pivots, but their stiffness and large bump performance were leagues ahead of anything else at the time.

I didn't realise Thompson posts had been around that long - I suppose I'm surprised they took so long to get real recognition.

yeah, wasn't sure whether the front forks ended at the first (top) pivot, or were 'behind' this pivot down to axle.

Cheers..

I know someone who had a Breezer like that, might even still have it. It does have a big ding in the toptube though :cry: Last time i heard about, he was going to ss it.

Back