Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

What´s the frame number on that Sahara Elite LGF? The frame features are near identical and the number might help with a date for my white one.
Great find by the way.
Cheers

Re: My Saracen Eiger

bornagainbiker":31at81tj said:
Sorry for the multiple posts but I kept trying to find the right thread :)

Another member suggested I post a pic of my Eiger here.

That's awesome. My old Tufftrax (Nicked from Epsom town centre in 1992) was a similar colourscheme/decals.

I remember it had a strange stubby "tail" on the top tube and early dual push shifters (push to shift down, push to shift up).

If anyone sees any about for sale/needing restoration. Shout....I'd kill to have that bike back.

Looks very nice in its new guise LGF... that was quite a find eh?

Can't wait to finish mine now.

Hope I don't get shot for going with all modern kit on the old girl.

Cheers,

Chaser

Easy_Rider":1bj381uu said:
Agree on some upgrades, they were low spec'd because of the suspension.

I'm currently building up a '93 Tufftrax elite with a set of Quadra 21's, think they suit it perfectly and they are an underrated fork, just need to find that massive 220mm steerer tube :(

Your frame is identical to the higher models, so treat it and she will pay back i'm sure :D

I can assure you the one you have is a 92 model. It just has later stickers on. The head tube sticker was the original when it left me.

Rich

richie d":25hh2hew said:
Easy_Rider":25hh2hew said:
Agree on some upgrades, they were low spec'd because of the suspension.

I'm currently building up a '93 Tufftrax elite with a set of Quadra 21's, think they suit it perfectly and they are an underrated fork, just need to find that massive 220mm steerer tube :(

Your frame is identical to the higher models, so treat it and she will pay back i'm sure :D

I can assure you the one you have is a 92 model. It just has later stickers on. The head tube sticker was the original when it left me.

Rich

Really! That's good to know. So you changed the decals on it as some point.

legrandefromage":25hh2hew said:
finished article:

The Sahara's looking much better LGF, good work. Are those Ritchey Vantage rims?

Easy_Rider":5ocn4844 said:
The Sahara's looking much better LGF, good work. Are those Ritchey Vantage rims?

Look like Vantage Comps to me.

Any news on that frame number LGF?

Back