1943 russian tricycle for the kids

ddidds

Retro Guru
hi

i just bought this 70 year old tricycle and i am planning to fully restore it!

it is a tricycle that can be converted into a bicycle and has full rubber tires!

any thoughts, suggestions, hints...pretty much anything is very much appreciated!

Attachments

• tricycle.jpg
    tricycle.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,704
dbmtb":2iy933g7 said:
Excellent. Please keep us updated.

Yes,Please do :D
i think trikes are the loveliest form for bicycles to take :cool:
Can you see any mounting points or plates that might suggest there was attachments ,like a chain guard,or any provision for brakes?

You could go for the Russian green and red shades as its colour scheme,and a red star for a head badge ;)

I once got into a drinking competition with 4 Romanian builders in Siret in the north of Romania,on Vodka naturally :LOL: :LOL: ,i dont remember winning ,or losing ,or anything else for that matter :shock: ,i dont know how i reached the top of that wall :LOL: :LOL: [one of our guys broke both his feet on that expedition,due to Romanian Vodka

:D NO APA !!!

:D

no chain guard mounts , no brake mounts and the reason for the extra cog is that it can be turned into a bicycle.

well...drinking competitions lead to accidents sometimes, if you would have had the same competition near Tulcea the outcome would have been different. they are called Lipoveni and they are among the world champions of drinking. when i was at the Danube Delta i personally saw a fisher drinking a full bottle of vodka(750ml) from one sip! a gesture that would put me into an alcoholic coma!

Attachments

• yoga-bebado.jpg
    yoga-bebado.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,622
I'd be more inclined to leave it mostly as is rather than restore it, and just do the minimum to get it working.

But I don't mind things that show their age...

I love the fact your vodka bottles over there have a crown top,once that bottle is open.... :LOL: :LOL:

It was near 1/2 bottle i got through :shock:

Yeah,the single cog makes sense now,ive seen a few trikes over the years also had a way of converting to 2 wheels
Im sure raleigh did a kids bike/trike called 'convertible' :?

Back