WTD for Cross bike

dbmtb

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Mavic aero brake levers (early 90s)
48T 130BCD 3/32 chainring
1" threaded lightweight cross fork - alloy or steel WHY?

And like everybody else building a retro cross bike - a bike's worth of Mafac or Weinmann cantis in usable condition.

Any leads to an online bike shop that sells spokes would be appreciated too.

Cantilevers

Ive got some SRP titanium cantilever brakes if you want to go a bit upmarket (a full bikes worth i think )

they are pretty rare doodads though , so id need a reasonable offer to part with them

Steve

I have a new unused 48t 130bcd chainring. Think it must be 1/8th" cos when I fitted it my 3/32" chain was snagging.

Yours for £10 posted, pic if you're interested.

dbmtb":1r3mws7j said:
48T 130BCD chainring

I run 34/50 and I've NEVER used the top ring in CX. A lot of people in the UK run a single 36 or 38T ring at the front.

Re: Cantilevers

scrapper":1p3qwmwe said:
Ive got some SRP titanium cantilever brakes if you want to go a bit upmarket (a full bikes worth i think )

they are pretty rare doodads though , so id need a reasonable offer to part with them

Steve

Tel - I need 3/32.
Scrapper - I already have some "OK" cantis on the bike - M730XT which are right timeframe - the only "spot on" ones for this project would be Weinmann or Mafac.
Mike - You are of course correct. But the Mavic Starfish-type chainset won't take smaller than 48T on the largest chainring position - and it would look downright odd having a gap and then the 38T.
Makrie - thanks for the tip. Just what I needed.

In fact thanks all 3.

Back