REAL ALE WOBBLE 2009 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be a late arrival at the field, and possibly too late for the pub tonight..picking up a mate in Oxford around 4:30 then have rush hour fun to fight through.

The rest of the team should be there around 3pm ish to make base camp.

So I wonder what are the chances of getting our 9 man tent erected in 60mph gusts :p

Good luck all....its gonna be an experience! :twisted:

Pfennig":rdmwcmn4 said:
Everything packed, including the singlespeed that is clearly going to cause much pain, although at least I don't have to worry about my gears jamming with mud! :D

I'll be the short guy with a burgandy 'Therapy?' T shirt on in the pub tonight, probably not too far away from Orange71 and a guy who looks like a Archeologist

And me! Except I might well be there before you lot. Red "Natural Born Mountain Biker" Rox T-shirt.
SS cru in da house innit! :LOL:

Also contemplating sleeping in the car - the camping field was pretty damn wet last year, & the weather was nowt compared to this!

JeRkY":1f0rbzea said:
I'll be a late arrival at the field, and possibly too late for the pub tonight..picking up a mate in Oxford around 4:30 then have rush hour fun to fight through.

Surely not?! Can't see it taking you more than 3 hours, let alone 6...

Although limited time spent in the pub tonight would probably be a very good idea...

We might be alright chaps ..... Scan of the forecasts

The wind has passed and heavy rain to about 10am then clearing up!!

I'm afraid I've succumbed to the attraction of a 45 mile Forest of Dean loop instead tomorrow as clearance for an overnight in Llanwrytd was not forthcoming but I will be at The Volunteer in Hereford for Sunday lunch for those that can make it.

Anyway, best of luck to all, looks like even if it is wet (Wales in mid November? Surely not?) it will be much milder than in the past two years (when it was very wet also).

just about to leave! :D :D don't care about the rain!! :D :D

see you in one of the pubs!! probably the neuadd arms, i'm on me todd so if you see a tubby bloke in an old world champs t shirt have a pint with me just to make me feel like i have one more friend than billy! :LOL:

jonnyboy666":tpdje958 said:
just about to leave! :D :D don't care about the rain!! :D :D

see you in one of the pubs!! probably the neuadd arms, i'm on me todd so if you see a tubby bloke in an old world champs t shirt have a pint with me just to make me feel like i have one more friend than billy! :LOL:

Getting there while it's still light hey? Where's the fun in that? :?

See ya later...

Anyone got any spare tent pegs?!

T'other half has stolen half of mine for the blimmin rabbit hutch & I've not got round to buying any replacements yet! :roll: :LOL:

Think I might need them all given the weather forecast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back