BoTM Novemember 09 Nominations - Mid Range Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Analog Kid":34clw9ex said:
I guess this may be my one and only chance to enter so here's my daily driver, 1991? (not 100% sure whether it's '91 or '92) Raleigh Peak from the then newly-launched Raleigh Off Road Series.

That looks really nice.

If I was ultra picky I'd tell you to turn your front wheel around so that the spokes on the outside of the front hub flange trail rather than lead, but its not that critical ;)

:LOL:
I propose my old 1988 cannondale SM600, all first suntour XCD groupo equiped, and it was the last bike, built for 24" rear wheel :D

The best bike for me for going buying the bread and "croissants' for brekfast.

sm600.jpg

arriered.jpg

Nomination

Here is my Specialized Stumpjumper A1 FS 1996 with mostly LX (some Deore - Hubs and front der.).........

Attachments

• stumpy_131.jpg
    stumpy_131.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,274
My (as of three days ago) 1989/90 Jamis Exile. Believed genuine 50 miles on the clock before its outing (photos) this a.m. No sign that ANYTHING has ever been changed. 400LX, Weinmann 2719s, DiaCompe XCE cantis and levers, Spectre stem and saddle, 'bars "WonderBar Internally Splined" (!), Ritchey grips.

Rides very nice - stem too long for me but I left it on for these pics. Like new, really!

BoTM4.jpg

BoTM7.jpg

oldave":p0u8tzpb said:
My (as of three days ago) 1989/90 Jamis Exile. Believed genuine 50 miles on the clock before its outing (photos) this a.m. No sign that ANYTHING has ever been changed. 400LX, Weinmann 2719s, DiaCompe XCE cantis and levers, Spectre stem and saddle, 'bars "WonderBar Internally Splined" (!), Ritchey grips.

Rides very nice - stem too long for me but I left it on for these pics. Like new, really!

BoTM4.jpg

Good man ;)

oldave":fscktlps said:

BoTM4.jpg

BoTM7.jpg
That's really nice, man.

Thank you! Forgot to say that even the water bottle is "Jamis"!

And to apologise for the Lizard Skins - didn't want to risk a 20 y.o. chain dropping on a totally unmarked stay!

24pouces":ghr7r9q6 said:
:LOL:
I propose my old 1988 cannondale SM600, all first suntour XCD groupo equiped, and it was the last bike, built for 24" rear wheel :D

The best bike for me for going buying the bread and "croissants' for brekfast.

sm600.jpg

arriered.jpg

I really like that bike for this contest; it will probably get my vote if it qualifies. (I say if it qualifies due to the wheelset?!?!?)

;)

I just finished my 1988 Giant Escaper, perfect to enter this month I thought! Full MT60 group and I actually fell in love with the satin finish of all the metal parts, the very wide Araya rims and the high flange Joytech hubs. Frame has numerous touch ups, so maybe I will respray her one time. Enjoy!
DSCN3546s.jpg

DSCN3552s.jpg

GoldenEraMTB":lb2zfwl7 said:
I really like that bike for this contest; it will probably get my vote if it qualifies. (I say if it qualifies due to the wheelset?!?!?)
;)

:D
I have to precise that I restored that bike for riding it (like my other bike).
I still have the original wheel set but in a very bad condition. So, I could change them for mavic MTB hubs (when I have found them, it was difficult to refuse them :LOL: ) , but with suntour screw freewheel ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back