knackered cannondale with campagnolo bits!

If you look at the break/ supposed cut in the other picture, you'll see that this this is a failure not a hack saw cut.

If it was nicked i don't think the guy would have taken the effort to cut around the seat stay bridge in a nice curve.

It's gone on the weld on both stays if you look closely.

If you look you'll notice it's an old 1" headset version, i'm supprised the front end's still attached, saw so many of these fail here in the early 90's.

i asked him yesterday how the damage occurred, no answer as yet...

If you look at the break/ supposed cut in the other picture, you'll see that this this is a failure not a hack saw cut.

If it was nicked i don't think the guy would have taken the effort to cut around the seat stay bridge in a nice curve.

It's gone on the weld on both stays if you look closely.

i agree that the seatstay looks like a break, but that leads me to think it might have been cut only at the chainstay and then yanked causing the break. i don't know the frame so i can't be certain but it looks like the chainstay has 'gone' at what i would assume is its thickest part, doesn't seem right to me. also some of the spokes on the back wheel are bent as though something lodged within them (ie a lock) has been given a good yank.

edit:

actually, my apologies, having had another look it *could* have been a failure at the chainstay too. but even so, it's still outrageously dodgy...

But then my back wheel would look like that if my bike failed, along with my sense of humour :LOL:

Back