Any designer engineery types on here?

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I want to get something made but the guy who can do it for me needs technical drawings. It's not a big project - basically a Pace stem/steerer combo but with a front loading stem. I can provide 'back-of-fag-packet' type drawings but he apparently needs something more professional! Anyone help me or know of a website that has the software?

Cheers,

Pete

I can do this for you, Development engineer with 11 years experience in using Solidworks & AutoCad. Also have knowledge and indeed own a Pace stem/steerer on my RC100. (although I would rather not take it to bits to look at at the mo)

I was the one who drew up the RC100 chain suck plate that Toons (I think) had manufactured.

Fag packet sketch still appreciated.

Regards

Rob

3D solid modeler, have a look at www.solidworks.com essentially you create a 3d part, can add multiple parts into assemblies to ensure fits and have a look at finished products. Produce drawings that are for the most part as good as anything autocad can do, yet easier to manuipulate.

It also has some of the functionality of 3d max in terms of being able to render "photo realistic" images of a product.

Can output directly to CNC/Rapid prototype machines, can run interference & collision checks can do FEA and mold flow design.

Can simulate mechanical properties and materials.

And is simply nice to use.

Love it!

I would show you the "quick" renderings I did last night for Pete, to give him an idea of how the design concept would look, but I'll wait for him to give the OK for me to do so, incase he wants the finished item to be a supprise. :)

OK, these were quick renders from the models I made last night, just
specced the materials and hit render to file. I grouped the different views
onto a single sheet in Photoshop. Some of the photoshop cutting out wasnt
to neat, but it gives a good idea of the intended outcome of the project.

Also worth noting these renders are from the Assembly at a pre-finishing stage, so no weld detail etc shown.

Next step is to confirm material specs & sizes with the chap who will be
making it, then producing the drawing set. The stem is made up of 15
components, 8 of which are unique parts, so there will be 8 part drawings +
atleast 1 assembly drawing in the pack.

Sorry for the image size :twisted:

Titaniumsteerer-stemcombomodelimage.jpg

cool!

I did Autocad as part of my college design course.

I've forgotten every single bit of it.... :cry:

oh it goes straight to CNC, nice. autocad was always giving me hassle with that! that program and results look very similar to autodesk inventor i think its called. i used to use it. you can create something and change it as you go i.e. change measurements to fit, meaning you dont have to re draw it, you just change it. solid works looks very similar. nice work by the way

Latest posts

Back