4096095942_1d7d9a572e_o.jpg

Nae mincing
4096096094_037cc8834f_o.jpg

4096096410_66a7848a8f_o.jpg

4096096688_c826628588_o.jpg

4095336967_f8a2230981_o.jpg

4095336679_c225c24c88_b.jpg

4095337095_bd23d41eb9_o.jpg

Great days riding, even with roots, roots, more wet roots and a carpet of leaves. Seems like a really good mix of terrain actually, beginning bit was fairly tricky and technical, slow speed, lots of roots. There was a nice wee bit in the middle that we went back and did again - a wee bit faster, slightly downhill - more traditional hardpack trail, although still some roots and tight corners to stop you getting carried away with the speed. Nice ending too after a bit of climb, more roots again, but able to carry a bit more speed as you were coming downhll. Looking forward to going back... and trying it in the dry too!

I also managed to break some blokes camera mount on his handlebar after he gave us a wee shot on his Giant :oops: Good brakes, nose-dive, almost over the handlebars... what can I say... Totally mortified.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you lucky blighters !!!!!!

I remember the bit your mincing on, I couldn't ride it in the dry :oops:

Looks great and so do the bikes, really must get back to the drum some day, wonder what its like in the snow :LOL:

Looks like you had a good day in the sunshine, Could we please have the sun back on Saturday for are day at Dalby :roll: Pretty Please ;)

couple of pics as well

great day, drum was a totally different proposition in the damp and the bed of leaves made it even more fun, good laughs and good company as always- you would have loved it velo if only for Kaisers triple forward somersault- you ok mate?

yodrum2.jpg

yodrum3.jpg

Kaiser crashed :shock:
Tell me more, crashings ZigZags and my speciality, I feel a demarcation dispute coming on :LOL:

Aye, Kaiser had crash of the day (apart from my comedy 'let's break other peoples bikes' moment)... I actually missed it, by the time I got there all I could see were the skid marks :shock: I think he locked up the front wheel right at the end of a section of trail, just as it went over some roots and then dipped down to meet the landrover track. Bit of a sore one, over the bars as he hit the dip, which basically added more height to the crash.

Given the conditions, I think we did no bad. We all did the mincer bit fine (the pics are actually a bit misleading :LOL:), I had one refusal which I'll blame on not being clipped in properly... ahem. I think we really only rode gingerly at the start, feeling out the conditions, seeing where the limits were.

Disc brakes and suspension, a dangerous combination in retrobikers hands.

I'll stick to well modulated (read crap) cantibrakes and direct (read painful) rigid forks ;)

Goodnight folks :cool:

I live :LOL: was aaway out for dinner with the wifey. Yes bike needs a bit more practice :LOL:

great day out and really enjoyed it despite thinking that the recent weather could make things hard work. They were but it was thourghly enjoyable nonetheless.

Liking the pics too :cool: mind get them into the MAcretro flickr :)

Back