Valuations

mtbr had the same problem !!

think they cured it by not answering the "how much is this worth" posts

Perhaps we should offer a service for a fee, money goes into the drinks kitty for the next meet !

I think so! Seem to have been a number of recent posts by people asking for valuations. They always seem to be the first posting by the person involved and they don't seem interested in the forum in any way - ie there are no other postings, introductions etc... Maybe just me, but it doesn't seem etiquette really...

Maybe have a "Valuations" forum - by bike and brand. People can ask questions if they want, and the classified-watchers can update with sold prices.

Maybe an IOI (indications of interest) thread, too. "If you've get a C-26 and want rid I'll bid £53" etc.

I don't think we should discourage people from asking about their bikes' value especially if some can go to loving homes or, better, the owners get the bug and restore and ride them.

Hi
I have a strange bike, Beyond Beryllium is written on the down tube, with the signature of a "Spencer Ovyang" guy on the top tube. it has a Weird fork called rebound, and an ugly crankset, called sweet wings, or something like that. I was thinking to swap it with a couple of cans of bitter. Do you think I'm charging too much?

novekili":3d6tdehj said:
Hi
I have a strange bike, Beyond Beryllium is written on the down tube, with the signature of a "Spencer Ovyang" guy on the top tube. it has a Weird fork called rebound, and an ugly crankset, called sweet wings, or something like that. I was thinking to swap it with a couple of cans of bitter. Do you think I'm charging too much?

yes, its worth half a mars bar... ;)

SLIM":6b39uzfc said:
mtbr had the same problem !!

think they cured it by not answering the "how much is this worth" posts
we heckle the offenders until they get pissed and leave

my standard response is "19 bucks and a powerbar wrapper"

you would give them that much i just tell them to throw it in the skip out side when im at work im a nice bike mechanic arnt i ;) :cool:

cannondale sm 500 65% complete not long now and she will be ready

Back