Brodie Rodie 1996

Not looking for a fight,hence the :D and would agree the a cross bike needs a shorter stem,not so important on the road where 'aero' rules!

got some syncros parts (seatpost and bb) which i was looking for quite some time. really happy to have a micro-adjust seatpost again (the first syncros ti post was way too short). in comparison to the ritchey and onza seatposts i had on the frame its a breeze to fine tune the saddle angle.
the syncros bb was a bit tricky to install as bb cup torque is key. to tight and the bearings ache to loose and you break it. hope i did it right...
some other changes had to be made to solve some problems. i couldn"t get a 28,6mm clamp for the brace on mech so i had to improvise with a rubber band :oops: . no good so i went for an adapter from shimano (Y-5JD98020). works fine. will stay the only shimano part on the bike :D
the bars - which caused quite a discussion - were changed for deda elementi 215 shallow bars. i love the classic shape. the deda bartape is way nicer than the fizik too. wraping the bartape was easier and it looks quite clean for a second attempt.
does the stem&bars section look ok now? excited to see/feel the difference on the road.
outdoor pics will hopefully follow on thursday (weather is horrible here...).
brodie-rodie-13.jpg

brodie-rodie-14.jpg

brodie-rodie-16.jpg

canuckinboston":x3raa2v3 said:
Inigo:

How do you find the revo cranks? I heard that they're pretty stiff.
What size BB do you use with them?
i totally love the revos! but for esthetic reasons. i"m not the one who can judge if they are stiffer than others. not enough experience to do so. but it feels good to ride the bike :D
syncros recommended following axle length:
Road (130mm): 109mm bb
Mtn (110mm/74mm): 117mm bb
i use a 107mm axle because i use a compact setup (50t/36t).

Just out of curiosity, can you make take a photo of the handlebar ends? Where you put the plugs in. It looks like you wrapped the bar tap so it is thicker there =)

I know it's a bit tricky, but the beginning and the end are the places where you make the most mistakes and learn the most.

Greetings,
nomad

Re-read the thread and that's one of the best 'road bikes made by an offroad bike builder' that I've seen and great to hear that it's getting used.

I too thought that the Revolutions didn't look quite right in red in the first powder coat photo but what a difference decals and rings made - they ended up looking stunning!

i crashed...
most parts are ok but the wheels chipped and the fork lost a leg.

already sent the wheels to frm to get them relaced with new rims. to relax my postition on the bike a bit i got a 1cm shorter syncros stem.
don't know yet how to replace the fork. i love the looks of the ritchey comp but i don't get them in 1" in europe. thought about a wound up fork as it resembles the syncros forks of old. but they are damn pricy and i don't want to pay customs again. will most likely go the cheapo route as i want a quick fix. i miss riding my roadbike :(

Bugger, that's terrible. Lovely bike, hopefully it will make a quick recovery so you can get riding it again soon.

Back