DiamondBack Apex 1990

keitht

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hope above is correct..the research i have done suggests it is a 1990 Apex.

32f901dd.jpg

a013322d.jpg

Complete DX group, Araya Fx-7 rims, Panaracer TimbukII tyres...Tioga T-bone...i think bar and stem are DB own Avenir..with the saddle being a replacement i think.

4a91eff3.jpg

1d6b3f19.jpg

Purchased from the original owner, who thinks he got it in 91 and that it was approx £600...

Its in a decent used condition...but is straight will i suspect clean up well.

Would like to get a decent Avenir seatpost and saddle for it...not the lightest steed i have ever owned..but seems well put together..so should be able to take the knocks

Clean it up and get it in BOTM! I always liked that paint job. I have a Centurion Dave Scott that is the same, and have admired the neat track bikes in Japan that still sometimes show up marbled. Sweet!

Diamondback Apex - mtb of the gods!

(I had a 91/92 Apex, plus I've still got a 95 Apex, and shortly, I should be the proud owner of a 91/92 Apex again!)

so what if they're mid range ;-)

I have an almost mint Avenir saddle from a '91 Ascent EX that I'd swap with you mate ;) It's on my Clockwork at the mo (see members rides) so if you've got something that'd look good on my Orange give me a pm. :D

Nice bike btw. :cool:

Cool

Yep defo one of my fave paint jobs :cool:

That bike is almost as it should be regarding spec..Id ditch the saddle and find a nice black TURBO..

Re: Cool

slimjoe":3w2u0u90 said:
..Id ditch the saddle and find a nice black TURBO..

Like this,

....and I think you'll find its a 89?, mine is

Attachments

• Image0059.jpg
    Image0059.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 8,271
I'd say '89 too, my Ascent (with the ridiculously cool iridescent lilac smoke paintwork :cool: ) was from around that era, I think I got it in early '90 or late '89 as an outgoing model.

Back