Roberts DOGS BOLX Frame

johnb

Retro Newbie
I'm after a bit of advise please.

I have a Roberts DOGS BOLX (16") which I'm pretty sure was the third or fourth they made. Having been used for many years the old girl could do with a new paint job (about £130 from roberts I think). Also I can no longer get the seat pin or stem out - Roberts said they would do this for me at the time of respray.
Anyway to cut a long story short I need to sell the frame now and wondered if anyone could give me an idea of a guide price before I put it up for sale.

Many thanks

John

Seeing as though it needs a fair bit of work doing to it, not a huge amount really. I'll take it for £50. Can have it resprayed the same time as another frame I'm taking in.

Last time I saw one on singletrack I was quite interested but the chap wanted £100 frame only -no forks :shock: , it had some rust as well.

mailed roberts to ask if they would renovate and they said it really was not worth buying as they strongly believed it would have severe internal rust problems .

£50 sounds very reasonable considering what roberts themselves say and considering its current state.

RBG

i'll push the boat out and offer you a whole £55 for it dependant on recieving pics ;)

Thanks for those replies.

I think if I could only get £50 for it I would rather hang it on the wall and look at it - it is the best looking bike I have ever owned. Then again I could see a singlespeed project coming on!

Thanks

john

Back