Hub F: Hope
Hub R: Shimano XT
Rims: Mavic 317 (new)
Tyres: Geax Mezcal 1.9 folding
Bars: Azonic flat 580mm
Grips: Onza Ules (new)
Saddle: Flite Kevlar

The questions are:
Do I sell it as a complete bike and for how much?
Do I split it and for how much?

I am tempted to sell it to fund a new bike, how much will I have to pay for a comparable modern hardtail?

Sorry for all the questions, but you guys are always really helpful and knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance

You will get more for it by spltting and selling. Though actually, with the bits on it, may not be worth the hassel as the stx/105 and finishing kit prolly won't fetch much.

Regarding new school replacement, problem is you have a good frame with cheaper bits, so hard to compare. Are you looking for long travel or new old school 100mm stylee?

Keep the pace and maybe update it with some new bits (if you don't mind it not being retro).

If hard tails are your thing then it will cost you quite a bit to find a nicer frame than the Pace...

I'd never recommend selling a Pace. But I'm biased and know nothing of the modern scene whatsoever - other than everything now looks the same, probably rides the same, and is built in Asia (mostly).

You have the basis for the perfect hard tail. Don't sell.

Upgrade by all means.

If it was me I'd ditch the mechs, cranks, & check that the rear hub was 9 speed compatable. Upgrade to 9 speed XT or XTR and keep riding.

Somethings shouldn't be changed. Flat bars, short stem as Pace intended for flat out riding. Forks... get them serviced (by Pace whilst you still can), or buy a newer Pace fork RC38s (airforce 2s) before they went all carbon so they don't mess your geometry up.

Hell, in fatc take your beastie for a blast round your best bit of local singletrack and then decide what, if anything, needs doing. Ju

Just 'cos something is new doesn't mean it will be any better.

Pace RC200 one of the very very best hardtail frames ever made, if it ain't broke don't fix it - wise words indeed!

Thirded / fourthed (I lost count). Don't sell it.

If you're thinking a new bike will make you ride more, still don't sell it. Just ride more. The money you'll spend getting a new one will be better spent on upgrading anything you're not happy with now.

If you've got the cash to spend, buy the mechs etc mentioned before and if you've still got some burning a hole, buy some new Pace, of course forks. Pace will tell you which ones will best fit the geomerty. Maybe even a front disc brake. I'll be stoned for saying that :)

If you get your RC35s serviced, get in touch with justbackdated on this forum. He knows a thing or two about them.

Back