My 98 Sunn Exact Colombus

Re: re:

captain8track":3ajjh2ci said:
puuh that fork is wayyy to high for that frame. Sell the fork and get an Obsys or something like that and it will probarly be a lot better then a bike available in the shops today...

looks really tidy, would love to own one someday.

No, fork is fine, a little marginal OK but not wayyy too high. It handles like a dream anyway, the steering is really sharp and suits my (slow) riding.

Obsys = no thanks, I don't really like having to take it apart every week LOL (I have had a 55 and a Carbon). I reckon Obsys were the prime reason for Sunn's demise in the late 90's. Brilliant ideas but poor execution and simply unmarketable regardless of how much marketing money you spent (and they spent next to none).

Cheers.

Nick

Re: a g8 bike

Conrads":1kpgdorf said:
I would love to own it :D . Had an exact 998 flex before it broke. :(
Would be the perfect match for my exact 00 ti.
What size is it? Looks to be a 20". Perfect......would you send to New Zealand??????
My wife will kill me for wanting it :LOL: ....but I desire another steel sunn...... ;)
Then I can turn my KHS team into a killer single speed weapon.
Conrad

Hi, yes 20'. Would you consider a part ex for the Ti, maybe frame only?

sorry no swap

Sorry no, the 19" ti my pride and joy. I have posted pics of it here along with the KHS team.
Just ordered a load of ti bolts for the exact from the UK; stem, seat post, d's, chain ring bolts & crank bolts.
The exact ti morati hc 1.3 is a rare bike I have seen a few come up on e-bay though.

Conrad
Would still like your exact though......set a price.....will for go a new fully to own your bike.

Re: a g8 bike

Conrads":3dk73pt4 said:
I would love to own it :D . Had an exact 998 flex before it broke. :(
Would be the perfect match for my exact 00 ti.
What size is it? Looks to be a 20". Perfect......would you send to New Zealand??????
My wife will kill me for wanting it :LOL: ....but I desire another steel sunn...... ;)
Conrad

You have PM.

Hi guys,

I have just acquired a Commencal frame so I'll be rebuilding the bike over the holiday (and switch to discs unfort.).
I will therefore be selling the frame and the full XTR brakes/levers.
I will also be selling the X517s or maybe just the hubs which are black Brubz3 in a great nick.

Will be posting in the appropriate section but if you want to register an interest, feel free to PM me.

Cheers.

Nick

Sunn Exact

Do you happen to be the Nick who was the Southern Areea Rep for Sunn in the late 90's.???
Been trying to find seals & top caps for Obsys Carbon 32.
Any ideas..
That Ti Morati is a work of art.
Was offered silly trade price on lots of them.Just didnt have tho money in 1998.

Re: Sunn Exact

stefan pethybridge":3k25fgc3 said:
Do you happen to be the Nick who was the Southern Areea Rep for Sunn in the late 90's.???
Been trying to find seals & top caps for Obsys Carbon 32.
Any ideas..

Yes that was me. I looked after the re-launch of Sunn in the UK (+rep for the South) from March 97 until Sunn France went into receivership in 2000 and was made redundant... Did we meet at the time?
Your only chance for parts is in France, maybe a dealer or ebay or ad in Velo Vert ?

Back