Vitus 979

oldave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just been round to my mate's and he's having one of his periodic "it's all got to go" phases. Sale incls a very nice Vitus 22" just rebuilt with 27spd Ultegra drive (crank arms 105 but the better rings). I have taken a few pics and IF anyone interested mail me direct

djones28 AT another DOT com

for more. He wants £450 and I can get him to call you. Only snag is that he's NOT into posting bikes so it'd have to be collect from Nottingham (tho' he - or I - might deliver c. 30 miles radius).

Vitus.jpg

I have been empted by these lovely looking vitus frames for quite a few months now.

their anodizing is very nice and distinctive :cool:

nevertheless, the more I see appreciations in France, the more I believe these bikes are meant for certains rider weights and certain riding styles ie

they are indeed very "supple" :shock:

so the lighter the better and no sprinting or agressive riding style needed ;)

bduc61":350xcj0g said:
ie

I find mine is very responsive and stiff - and Sean Kelly didn't have any problems!

Old Ned":2p56f50l said:
bduc61":2p56f50l said:
ie

I find mine is very responsive and stiff - and Sean Kelly didn't have any problems!

the better for you ;)

comparing with a well known professional may be a bit streched as they had as many bikes as they needed and I've read Jean de Gribaldy would actually have it changed very often.
French or english forums have lots of stories about this "flex" characteriscs. It may not be the rule, but it starts to be stastitically significant ;)

Colin - yes, still available. I'll send 4 more snaps. Can't do any more til end of week - it's "put away" while he starts to re-build his garage.

Direct mail to follow.

What kind of headbadge is that? I don't think I've seen one before.

About the flex: I wouldn't be able to compare it with the 979 because I don't own one but I really wish I could put in my 2 cents about the frame stiffness of the 992 (which should have eradicated the flex by pinching the tubes into an oval shape in certain key locations), but unfortunately my 992 is still not completely built!!

Back