Show me your single speeds!

I usually run 36:18 on the on-one and it seems fine, did inners on that and it was no problem, mind you will let you know how I get on tomorrow with this at drumlanrig :LOL:

quite right pickle.... whatever works is good. I like to be out of the saddle manhandling the bike and your right, my knees do know it when I SS.

clockworkgazz":ox3rfc6m said:
quite right pickle.... whatever works is good. I like to be out of the saddle manhandling the bike and your right, my knees do know it when I SS.

:LOL: :LOL:

TBH, I fecked my knees in 07 and NO WAY do I want that pain again!

hamster":1doeofs8 said:
I ran 32-17 starting last winter, now on 32-16 as I'm stronger and fitter!

Are you saying I'm unfit?

Are you, are you, hey, are you starting summink!

:LOL:

I run 36:16, always have done. Single speeding doesn't feck your knees though or mine would have been goosed by now! When it gets tough to pedal - stand up. Sitting and doing the slow motion mashing thing is what can fook 'em if you're prone to that sort of injury.

:D

Been out on it this afternoon for 32 miles, relented and put the rear crud catcher on, even though I hate 'em I hate getting a muddy @rse even more. :LOL:

Attachments

• Wolds. Binbrook.10.11.09 (1) (Medium).JPG
    Wolds. Binbrook.10.11.09 (1) (Medium).JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 3,355
Pickle":3gcio2bj said:
What ratios do you lot run to avoid tensioners?
32 16 on saracen. Axle isn't perfectly in drop outs but it hasn't slipped yet. 36 16 on khs chain is a little slack but i'm using ss specific ring sprocket and again. No slipping. I listened hard to perry's advice and have to agree that chain line and full depth teeth are more important than tension.

stevek":3s2kjbo1 said:
Been out on it this afternoon for 32 miles, relented and put the rear crud catcher on, even though I hate 'em I hate getting a muddy @rse even more. :LOL:

Nice bit of Ti very cool :cool:

Latest posts

Back