Petitioning the coolwall

I want to like them I really do and Mrs Wu's got the XO ones, but I still find them clickey and snappy clickey and horrible.

As was discussed on a hilltop on Saturday, the best there ever was was XTII thumbshifters, but actually yet another miserable shifting session down to the station this morning has reminded me that as boring as it is, Im sorry, the only answer is a set of XTR pods. They just work and work and work.

:roll:

You can't deny that those yeti ones are pimpy & they do make the bars look cleaner

I'm not keen on how they work, but if you look at Slims case for them, being cool isn't about function :cool:

thumbies are good, best feature was that no matter how cacky your drivetrain got in a race, you could always friction and use all your gears.

Biggest downside is tryning to change gear on a rocky and bumpy as hell downhill was a bit of a gamble to keep hands on bars, depending what gear you started in.. :shock:

As Jez says, the people have voted. Gripshift are uncool.

hmm, I think there's an element that is about function.

You can have soul and a starter motor that works. You don't always have to be an Alfa to be cool, even though most are and are far from funtional.

Off the front

I am all for clean front ends... the Betsy's work fine, shame I cannot get the X Rays to manage the CroMega front mech though :roll:

Hoping that by switching between GripShift and thumbies at the SSMM race I can lessen the tingly wrists I get after 3 hours in the saddle...

Neil

Attachments

• Grip X Ray.jpg
    Grip X Ray.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 983
  • Grip USA2.jpg
    Grip USA2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 983
  • Grip USA1.jpg
    Grip USA1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 983
so, so-far the consensus is that they're cool but the first batch didn't work so well?

Back