You paid £200 for THIS???

Finally! Just got in to find an Email from DeKerf....
"Decals are in the post. Regards, Chris" .
:?
Oh well. It took them aweek to post them...
No wonder they've no time for potential future customers.

Aha! Finally, some info from Chris DeKerf....
It is, as I thought, an early one, dating from March '94. :D
Should be bsck from Bob Jacksons soon. They are poor communicators too... :? I've tried phoning them once or twice to check they got the decals, but haven't managed to speak to anyone yet. They are very fond of answering the phone and then hanging up without saying anything! :LOL: :LOL:

looks real nice mate.
hope bj's do it justice! had my lava dome sprayed there... bit of an issue with them over decals curling up at the edges when they baked it so be careful your decals can be baked & let them know either way!

GearlessinSeattle":13xj6rja said:
Dekerf Team SST I think.
Maybe late 90's cause there is not a canti guide.
Just a guess.
Nice thought. Wonder what fork.

I'd actually say that the cable guide was cut off prior to the respray as it looks to me like an early 90s part fillet brazed frame with open seat stays and ritchey dropouts rather than the later full tig with plastic capped seat stays.

Nice little frame, just needs to be proper Dekerf met green with a set of colour matched Mag 21s/Judys

EDIT - d'oh must read all the way down the thread before posting answer.....

3964152728_e25b1f4bf2.jpg

suburbanreuben":1ponmdns said:
Thanks Anthony! The fork is a P2, though I can't think that it was originally specced with the bike 'cos it's only single butted.
The canti stop could have been removed when it was re-sprayed. It does have the early type (flat) Ritchey dropouts and early open both ends seatstays. Also, the frame no. is very low (DEK254) though I could have missed a digit, but I doubt it.
Hopefully DeKerf will reply soon, and also post my transfers before the posties go on strike. Bob Jackson have had it a week and a half, and they reckoned on a 4-5 week turnaround... :p

:eek: the one I have is DK255

albash82":3meyel5p said:
looks real nice mate.
hope bj's do it justice! had my lava dome sprayed there... bit of an issue with them over decals curling up at the edges when they baked it so be careful your decals can be baked & let them know either way!
:cry: :x :cry: :x
Me too!, but it's a bit more than decals curling up...
:twisted:

suburbanreuben":1k4icbit said:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16732514@N03/sets/72157622778086074/

Colour and non period decals are my fault...

quite like the mustard colour actually :)

suburbanreuben":1vuw0xk3 said:
albash82":1vuw0xk3 said:
looks real nice mate.
:cry: :x :cry: :x
Me too!, but it's a bit more than decals curling up...
:twisted:
suburbanreuben":1vuw0xk3 said:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16732514@N03/sets/72157622778086074/

Colour and non period decals are my fault...

So, by this do you mean that you're a bit miffed with the outcome..? i must admit, when i picked my lava dome up i was more than a bit pissed off as the colour wasn't anything like i'd been expecting, probably my fault though as they told me it wasn't gonna be a colour match.
I'd been warned by a forum member (world ranger as i recall) that the paint from bj's had a reputation to be pretty fragile. When i was building the bike up i dropped a bit of my home-made headset press and knocked a little chunk off! the first of many to randomly appear i'm afraid :cry:
In all fairness, now i've got the bike built up, i actually prefer the colour to the original :shock: and since a fair few more chips have come out the paint, i'm not afraid to take it out and actually ride it... well, i wouldn't be if it weren't for the nagging fear that the velocity stem & xlite xc bars aren't gonna snap ;)

Latest posts

Back