1998 Kona Caldera SS Build

KonaHoathy

Old School Hero
P1010760.jpg

Building myself up a single speed for work and genrally being brilliant. I bought a caldera frame off the bay will update as I go:

P1010743.jpg

P1010745.jpg

Have done some pictures of the wheels and the chainset, haven't pulled the cranks and BB off my old on-one (the frame of which is for sale) either yet. Bought some P2s off a guy from here, and hopefully some HS33s as well!
IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

looks sweet matey, i had one of these very briefly bitd before some scumbag half inched it from the shed...

well thats a total kick in the face. Your lava dome is most impressive though. I really wish I had some boosters for the brakes, its annoying not having them on there. I am considering a new tensioner as well as the one i have is super noisey. I was bidding on a Pahoehoe (SP?) on ebay the other day but didn't win, i just want one more kona!

Looks great

Are you sure you have the tensioner lined up properly? Got one of those and it's reasonably quiet...got to keep the chain lubed up properly though

yeah, its set up ok, but the bit that goes around the chain thats keeps it on when you take the wheel out is a bit bent and the protruding pins on the chain touch it sometimes (quite a lot).

Back